Patanjali Yogpeeth in Haridwar, Uttarakhand, is one of the largest yoga institutes in India, and possibly in the whole world. Named after the Rishi Patanjali, the institute is Ramdev's flagship project. Its purpose is to practice, research and develop yoga and ayurveda. It is also the home of the University of Patanjali. Balkrishna is the General Secretary of Patanjali Yogpeeth. Ramdev is the Vice-Chancellor of the Patanjali Yogapeeth.
|Key people||Ramdev, Balkrishna|
|Owner||Divya Yoga Mandir Trust (Balkrishna)|
|Website||Divya Yog Mandir (Trust)|
In 2017, the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) through its Delhi bench gave tax exempt status to Patanjali Yogpeeth. Located on the Haridwar-Delhi highway. The institude offers treatments for all and has residential accommodation. It is about 20 km (12 mi) from Haridwar at Kankhal and about 15 km (9.3 mi) from Roorkee.
Patanjali Yogpeeth TrustEdit
Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust, a non-profit organisation started by Ramdev, aims to carry out welfare activities in the spheres of health care, education and other socio-economic activities. Patanjali drives its Social responsibility initiatives through Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust.
University of PatanjaliEdit
Patanjali Yogpeeth comprises two campuses, named Patanjali Yogpeeth - I and Patanjali Yogpeeth - II respectively.
Patanjali Yogpeeth - IEdit
This first Yogpeeth campus was commissioned on 6 April 2006.
- Patanjali Ayurveda College. In 2010, this study and research facility was commissioned as part of the university and has 122 students as of 2013. Inside the Campus library is a special area dedicated to the research of yoga and ayurveda. Various ancient books are being restored and digitized.
Patanjali Yogpeeth - IIEdit
This second Yogpeeth campus was inaugurated in April 2009.
- Patanjali Yog Bhavan Patanjali Yog Bhavan is a huge auditorium of 200,000 sq. ft. where thousands of participants practice yoga, pranayama and meditation together.
- Shraddhalayam is a 60,000 sq. ft. air conditioned auditorium.
- Panchakarma & Shatkarma Centre is a 40,000 sq. ft. centre where up to about 1,000 people can perform and participate in panchakarma and shatkarma therapy.
|Motto||||सा प्रथमा संस्कृतिर्विश्ववारा||(Sa Prathama Sanskritirvishwawara)|
|Grades||V to XII|
|Number of students||750+|
Acharyakulam is a school based on Vedic-cum-modern education near Patanjali Yogpeeth, Haridwar. It is a residential educational institution for students from grades 5th to 12th. It was inaugurated on 26 April 2013 by Narendra Modi, the then Chief Minister of Gujarat. This organization is jointly governed by Ramdev and Balkrishna.
Ramdev's main aim behind opening Acharyakulam is to promote Vedic education and Indian culture. He believed establishing Acharyaklam will protect Indian culture and help in promote Vedic knowledge to new generations of Indians. He plans to establish Acharyakulam in every district of the country.
The admissions examination happens in December. The examination happens for the fifth class. The selected students are tested again for a week in Acharyakulam. 80 boys and 40 successful girls get the admission after that their further education continues till 12th standard.
Ramdev plans to establish 600 schools in 600 districts across the country. Apart from Indian culture, Sanskrit and Yoga, it will also provide education in modern science. In 2018 Ayush Sharma and Yuvraj Aaditya Arya received overall 99% and 98% respectively in class 10 CBSE Board exams.
Yog Gram is a naturopathy treatment centre situated in Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India. It maintains a natural environment. It provides physical, mental and spiritual health treatments through the integrated therapy of Ayurveda.
The concept of Yog Gram is from Ramdev and his associate Balkrishna. It was inaugurated by former Chief Minister of Uttarakhand B. C. Khanduri on 8 June 2008. In 2015, expansion work began in Tirupati. In 2019, Yog Gram expanded to serve 600 patients from 300.
Ramdev's comments against modern medicineEdit
In May 2021, Ramdev sparked controversy when he spoke against modern medical science in the context of COVID-19 pandemic in India. The Indian Medical Association (IMA) objected to his comments. On 22 May, the IMA's Uttarakhand division sent a defamation notice of ₹1,000 crore (US$140 million). On 27 May, Patanjali Yogpeeth confirmed that it had received the defamation notice from IMA demanding an apology from Ramdev over his remarks. In a statement, the institute quoting Balkrishna said it would give a befitting reply legally to IMA. The institute claimed that all of its activities are carried out with scientific and truthful temperament. It said it "cannot allow anyone to disparage, neglect and demean the great knowledge and science of rishis and scriptures".
- "जसोदा बेन की पतंजलि योगपीठ में मौजूदगी को आश्रम ने नकारा" Jagran.com, 23 April 2014
- "बेकार नहीं जाएगा मोदी का बाबा रामदेव पर भरोसा" Amarujala, 2 October 2014
- "Patanjali Yogpeeth Held 3-day Yoga Workshop in Houston" Indo American News, 5 March 2015
- "Soft drinks taking last breath: Ramdev". The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Delhi and neighbourhood. Retrieved 21 December 2020.
Swami Ramdev is the Vice-Chancellor of the Patanjali Yogapeeth
- "Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Yogpeeth gets tax-exempt status". The Indian Express. 19 February 2017. Retrieved 21 December 2020.
- "Patanjali Yog Peeth to promote Ayurveda in Himachal". Merinews.com. 28 February 2009. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- 'Thousands take part in ‘sanyas week’ at Patanjali Yogpeeth' The Tribune, 25 March 2015
- No Business Plan. No Marketing.Meet India's new FMCG giant, Patanjali, LinkedIn, 1 June 2015
- "Private University". University Grants Commission. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Patanjali Yogapeeth at Hardwar". Hindustan Times – via HighBeam (subscription required). 6 April 2006. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Patanjali Yogpeeth Haridwar". Haridwar City. Archived from the original on 9 August 2015. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "Patanjali Yogpeeth - I". Divya Yog Mandir (Trust). Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "Patanjali Sutras".
- "Patanjali Yogpeeth - II". Divya Yog Mandir (Trust). Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "Ramdev praises Narendra Modi, shares stage with him in Haridwar" IBN Live, 26 April 2013
- "Ramdev: Educated youths key to India becoming superpower" The Tribune, 22 December 2014
- "देशभर में पांच लाख आचार्य कुलम बनाएंगे रामदेव" Jagran 7 December 2014
- "वैदिक युग की वापसी को खुलेंगे आचार्यकुलम" Naidunia, 20 Jun 2015
- "Set up new national school board: Baba Ramdev to Narendra Modi government" The Economic Times, 30 October 2014
-  "आचार्यकुलम के लिए ज्ञान क्रांति यात्रा की शुरुआत आज" Amar Ujala, 20 October 2015
- Nai Duniya  "वैदिक युग की वापसी को खुलेंगे आचार्यकुलम" 20 Jun 2015
-  "योग के बाद अब शैक्षिक क्रांति करेंगे बाबा रामदेव" Navbharat Times, 7 September 2015
-  "Baba Ram Dev to open 600 schools in all districts of India" Hindustan Times, 9 September 2015
-  "Baba Ramdev to open chain of schools across India" Indian Today, 9 December 2014
-  "राजे ने आचार्य कुलम के लिये बाबा रामदेव को दिलाया मदद का भरोसा" 31 October 2015, Samay live
- ANI (30 May 2018). "CBSE 10th result: Ramdev expresses happiness over Acharyakulam's students' performance". Business Standard India. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- "CBSE Class 10 results: Spectacular performance by students of Swami Ramdev's Acharyakulam". www.indiatvnews.com. 29 May 2018. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- aadhiabadi.com 'पतंजलि फूड एवं हर्बल पार्क: "'स्वदेशी' को विचार से धरातल पर उतार दिया बाबा रामदेव ने!" 30 June 2014
- "Yog Gram" Archived 19 March 2015 at the Wayback Machine Divya yog
- Tirupati /2015/10/08/article3068724.ece1[permanent dead link] "Yog Guru Baba Ramdev to set up Yoga Gram in Tirupati" Indian Express
- "600 लोग एक साथ करा सकेंगे प्राकृतिक उपचार". Dainik Jagran (in Hindi). Retrieved 26 May 2019.
- "Go to yoga gram Patanjali yogpeeth for kaya kalp - complete makeover" MeriNews 26 April 2012
- "Amit Shah praises Ramdev for popularizing ancient Indian traditions". DNA India. ANI. 14 September 2014. Retrieved 20 December 2020.
- "'Criminal act': Ramdev gets ₹1,000 cr defamation notice from IMA Uttarakhand". Hindustan Times. 26 May 2021. Retrieved 26 May 2021.
- "IMA Uttarakhand sends Rs 1,000-cr defamation notice to Ramdev over remarks on allopathy". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 26 May 2021.
- "Patanjali says 'received' legal notice from IMA, will give 'befitting reply'". Live Mint. 27 May 2021. Archived from the original on 31 May 2021. Retrieved 31 May 2021.
- Telles et al. (2013): "Patanjali Yogpeeth, Haridwar: An Ayurveda center which includes treatment, research, and education", J Ayurveda Integr Med 2013 Apr-Jun; 4(2): 120–122.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Patanjali Yogpeeth.|