Patangrao Kadam (8 January 1944 – 9 March 2018) was an Indian politician from the state of Maharashtra. He previously held the forest ministry in the Maharashtra government. He was also an educationist and was the founder of Bharati Vidyapeeth. Kadam died of renal dysfunction at Mumbai's Lilavati Hospital on 9 March 2018.
2009 – Apr 2014
|Born||8 January 1944|
Sonsal Village, Tal: Kadegaon, Sangli,(Bombay Presidency), (British India)
|Died||9 March 2018 (aged 74)|
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress (INC)|
|Children||Vishwajeet Kadam , late abhijeet kadam,asmita jagtap,bharati lad|
Patangrao Kadam was born into a middle-level farming family in a small village of Sonsal, Sangli District in Maharashtra. Since no educational facilities were available in Sonsal, Kadam had to walk 4–5 km every day to attend a primary school in a nearby village. He did his secondary education up to S.S.C at a boarding school in Kundal.
Kadam was the first person from his village to have passed the S.S.C, examination. After S.S.C., he joined Shivaji College, Satara, run by Rayat Shikshan Sanstha, which was established by a renowned social reformer and educationist, Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil. He was enrolled in the College under its "earn and learn scheme". He took lessons of dedicated social service from Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil.
Kadam came to Pune in 1961, where he completed a one year Diploma Course in teaching and in 1962, and started working as a part time teacher in a secondary school in Pune run by Rayat Shikshan Sanstha. Kadam obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Law and Master's degree from the University of Pune. Despite his pre-preoccupation with educational, social and political activities, Kadam completed his research on the theme "Administrative Problems of Educational Administration in 80s" for which he was awarded a Ph.D. in Management by the University of Pune.
- kadam, patang. "forest dt". state. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- times of india. "patangrao". timesofindia.
- india, today. "list of ministers".
- "Patangrao Kadam, senior Maharashtra Congress leader, passes away at 72 at Mumbai hospital - Firstpost". www.firstpost.com. Retrieved 9 March 2018.
- Bharati, Vidyapeeth. "founder". Bharati Vidyapeeth. Archived from the original on 17 September 2012.
- "Dr Patangrao Kadam, senior Congress leader and educationist, passes away in Mumbai - Mumbai Mirror -". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 9 March 2018.