This biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pasuk Phongpaichit (Thai: ผาสุก พงษ์ไพจิตร, RTGS: Phasuk Phongphaichit, born 11 February 1946) is a Thai economist. A professor at Chulalongkorn University, she is the author of several books on corruption in Thailand.
Pasuk earned BA and MA degrees in economics at Monash University in Australia, and received her PhD at Cambridge University in England. Her books include A History of Thailand, Thaksin: The Business of Politics in Thailand, and Thailand's Crisis (with Chris Baker), and Guns, Girls, Gambling, Ganja (with Sungsidh Piriyarangsan and Nualnoi Treerat).
Pasuk was the recipient of the 2017 Fukuoka Prize together with her spouse and collaborator, Chris Baker. The prize is awarded annually to those who have made outstanding contributions to academia, arts, and culture in Asia.
Selected works in EnglishEdit
- Pasuk Phongpaichit and Chris Baker, eds. Thai Capitalism after the 1997 Crisis. Chiang Mai: Silkworm Books, 2008.
- Phongpaichit, Pasuk; Baker, Chris (2004). Thaksin: The Business of Politics in Thailand. Chiang Mai: Silkworm Books. ISBN 9749575555.
- Pasuk Phongpaichit and Chris Baker. Thailand: Economy and Politics. Kuala Lumpur: Oxford University Press, 1995. Reprint 1997, 1999. Also in Thai. Rev ed, 2002
- Phongpaichit, Pasuk; Baker, Chris (1999). Thailand's Crisis. Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, 2000. ISBN 9812300910.
- Pasuk Phongpaichit, Sungsidh Piriyarangsan, and Nualnoi Treerat. Guns, Girls, Gambling, Ganja: Thailand's Illegal Economy and Public Policy. Chiang Mai: Silkworm Books, and Washington University Press, 1998.
- Phongpaichit, Pasuk; Baker, Chris (1998). Thailand's Boom and Bust. Chiang Mai: Silkworm Books. ISBN 9747100576.
- Pasuk Phongpaichit and Sungsidh Piriyarangsan. Corruption and Democracy in Thailand. Bangkok: Political Economy Centre, Chulalongkorn University, 1994; 2nd ed by Silkworm Books, Chiang Mai, Thailand 1996.
- Pasuk Phongpaichit and Shigeru Itoga, eds. The Informal Sector in Thai Economic Development. Tokyo: Institute of Developing Economies, 1992 (Also available in Japanese, 1993).
- From Peasant Girls to Bangkok Masseuses. Geneva: ILO, 1982. (Also available in Japanese, 1991). Fourth impression, 1988.
- Phongpaichit, Pasuk (1988). "Volume 2 of Women, work, and development". From peasant girls to Bangkok masseuses (4th ed.). Geneva: International Labor Office (ILO).
- Baker, Chris; Phongpaichit, Pasuk (2005). A History of Thailand. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0521016479.
- "Pasuk Phongpaichit". Chulalongkorn University. Retrieved 13 January 2018.
- "Grand Prize 2017 [28th] Pasuk Phongpaichit & Chris Baker". Fukuoka Prize. 2017-06-09. Retrieved 13 January 2018.
- "Background of the Fukuoka Prize". Fukuoka Prize. Retrieved 13 January 2018.