Parasuram Petla (also known as Bujji) is an Indian film screenwriter and director, who works in Telugu cinema. Born in Cherlopalem, Visakhapatnam district, Andhra Pradesh, Parasuram done his schooling from Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalayas and completed his MBA degree in Andhra University before pursuing a career in films. He began working in 2003 as an assistant film director for Puri Jagannadh and Bommarilu Bhaskar.
|Alma mater||Andhra University|
|Occupation||Screenwriter, film director|
After completing his MBA postgraduate degree in 2002, Parasuram started working as an assistant movie director for his cousin Puri Jagannadh. He worked as an assistant director for Puri Jagannadh on films Itlu Sravani Subramanyam, Andhrawala and 143. He also worked as an associate director for Bommarilu Bhaskar on his 2008 film Parugu.
His debut film Yuvatha starring Nikhil Siddharth was released in 2008 and was negatively received by the critics. The movie performed average at the box office. His next film Anjaneyulu, a comedy entertainer starring Ravi Teja was released in 2009 and received bad reviews from the critics and was a box office flop.
In 2011, he made the film Solo starring Nara Rohit, the film was a big disaster at the box office and was widely panned by the critics. In 2012, he collaborated again with Ravi Teja for the film Sarocharu. The film received negative reviews by the critics and was a box office failure.
In 2018, he made his next directional venture Geetha Govindam starring Vijay Devarakonda and Rashmika Mandanna, the film received mostly positive reviews from the critics and audiences and became one of the highly successful Telugu films of the year.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2022||Sarkaru Vaari Paata||Yes||Yes|
- "Parasuram". nettv4u. nettv4u. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Interview With Parasuram (Bujji) Of Yuvatha And Anjaneyulu Fame (Part 1)". Youtube. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Yuvatha - Review". Filmbeat. 7 November 2008. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Anjaneyulu". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Solo". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Sarocharu". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Ravi Teja Hits and Flops list". Michi9. 3 June 2013. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Geetha Govindam box office collection: Vijay Deverakonda-Rashmika Mandanna starrer storms box-office, enters 100 crore club". The Times of India.