Pakubuwono XIII(Redirected from Pakubuwana XIII)
The older, Hangabehi, took control of the kraton (palace) and expelled his younger half-brother Tedjowulan; each had himself crowned, and they held separate tomb-sealing rituals for their father. However the family consensus has now acknowledged that Hangabehi is the rightful heir and he is now titled SISKS Pakubuwono XIII.
On 18–19 July 2009 there was a ceremony in the kraton where the enthronement anniversary was conducted with the sacred Bedoyo Dance performed especially for the ceremony. The attendees consisted of various local and foreign dignitaries as well as Hangabehi's half-brother Tejowulan. However, the separate groups within the Surakarta palace often still disagreed and events in 2014, and 2016 reflected continuing conflict.
In April 2017 it appeared that an important step had been taken to resolve the continuing disagreements within the royal families. In late April, Susuhunan Pakubuwono XIII Hangabehi was formally crowned at a large ceremony in the Surakarta Keraton Palace in Surakarta. The event was attended by hundreds of invitees, including Home Minister Tjahjo Kumolo, Central Java Governor Ganjar Pranowo, Surakarta Mayor F. X. Hadi Rudyatmo and Sudjiatmi Notomiharjo, the mother of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo.
| Susuhunan of Surakarta
- "New Surakarta sultan named amid deepening intrigue, JAKARTA POST", Worldsources Online, FDCH e-media, 2004-06-25, retrieved 6 May 2016
- "New Surakarta sultan named amid deepening intrigue", Asia Africa Intelligence Wire, Financial Times Ltd, 2004-06-25, retrieved 6 May 2016
- Seth Mydans, '"In a Sultanate Known as Solo, One Too Many Kings," NY Times, 17 February Feb, 2008.
- Ganug Nugroho Adil, 'KGPH Tedjowulan: Reviving the place of Surakarta', The Jakarta Post, 4 July 2012. SISKS is the abbreviation of the Javanese regnal title Sampeyan dalem Ingkang Sinuhun Kanjeng Susuhunan. Susuhunan is a title used in regnal circles in Surakarta.
- Ganug Nugroho Adil, 'Separate ascension celebrations highlight crack in Surakarta sultanate', The Jakarta Post, 5 May 2016.
- Ganug Nugroho Adil, 'Hangabehi takes control of Surakarta palace', 25 April 2017, The Jakarta Post, 25 April 2017.
|This Indonesian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|