Ganjar Pranowo (born 28 October 1968) is an Indonesian politician and the current governor of Central Java. He has attempted to reorganize governmental administration, ordering the acting mayor of Tegal to reform the city's bureaucracy and civil services after the Corruption Eradication Commission arrested the previous mayor.
Ganjar Pranowo as Governor of Central Java second period (2018)
|15th Governor of Central Java|
|Assumed office |
5 September 2018
|Preceded by||Syarifuddin (acting)|
23 August 2013 – 23 August 2018
|President||Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono |
|Preceded by||Bibit Waluyo|
|Succeeded by||Syarifuddin (acting)|
|Born||October 28, 1968|
Karanganyar Regency, Central Java, Indonesia
|Political party||Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle|
|Spouse(s)||Hj. Siti Atikoh Suryani|
|Children||Muhammad Zinedine Alam Ganjar|
|Residence||Central Java, Indonesia|
|Alma mater||Gadjah Mada University|
Pranowo's tenure as governor has not been without controversy. Although he initially revoked the license of Semen Indonesia to open a cement factory in Rembang in January 2017, he was still met with student protests against continuation of the project during a visit to his alma mater Gadjah Mada University three months later.
Also during his tenure as governor, Pranowo was implicated in supposed past malfeasance, which he denied. When he'd been a representative in the People's Representative Council, Pranowo was the deputy speaker of Commission II; allegations have been brought that he was involved in the e-KTP corruption scandal. Pranowo has claimed innocence and invited the Corruption Eradication Commission to reveal their evidence against him. The Corruption Eradication Commission formally implicated Pranowo alongside other politicians in October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ganjar Pranowo.|
- Ganjar Pranowo Requests Acting Tegal Mayor to Reorganize Bureaucracy. Netral English, 31 August 2017. Ed. Turkhan Akhyar. Accessed 12 October 2017.
- Suherjdoko, Permit of Semen Indonesia’s Rembang factory revoked. Jakarta Post, 17 January 2017. Accessed 12 October 2017.
- Bambang Muryanto, Yogyakarta activists reject Central Java governor’s visit. Jakarta Post, 18 April 2017. Accessed 12 October 2017.
- Ganjar Pranowo says he is ready to give clarification on e-KTP graft case. Jakarta Post, 8 March 2017. Accessed 12 October 2017.
- Wahyu Pratidya Purnomo, Novanto Testifies for Andi Narogong’s Trial. Netral English, 9 October 2017. Accessed 12 October 2017.
- "Fakta Seputar Pilkada Jateng - Kompas.com". KOMPAS.com. 11 January 2018. Retrieved 22 January 2018.