Paint Creek Independent School District
Paint Creek Independent School District is a public school district based in the community of Paint Creek in unincorporated Haskell County, Texas (USA). Its headquarters are along Farm to Market Road 600. Most of the district is in Haskell County, and a small portion of the district extends into Jones County. Paint Creek ISD has one school that serves students in grades pre-kindergarten through twelve.
|Paint Creek Independent School District|
|Paint Creek, TX|
ESC Region 14
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Dr. Cheryl Floyd|
|Students and staff|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class A (six-man football participant)|
|Colors||Maroon and White|
The district formed in 1937 from the consolidation of the Post, Howard, Weaver, Rose, and McConnell school districts. The name was chosen from a nearby stream. Construction on the first school building began in 1937 and was completed in the summer of 1938. Between 1938 and 1941 five additional small school districts – Plainview, Ward, Rockdale, Ericksdahl, and Cobb – merged to form the current Paint Creek district.
- Paint Creek Elementary School
- Paint Creek Secondary School
- "Contact Archived 2011-07-23 at the Wayback Machine." Paint Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on August 7, 2011. "Paint Creek ISD 4485 FM 600 Haskell, TX 79521"
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-25. Retrieved 2012-07-03.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- Herman, Ken. "Touting his experience, Perry begins campaign." Austin American-Statesman. January 9, 2002. Retrieved on August 7, 2011. "[...]of Paint Creek High School, where Perry was among 13 in the class of '68."