Padmashree Laloo Prasad Yadav
Padmashree Laloo Prasad Yadav is a Bollywood comedy film directed by and starring Mahesh Manjrekar. The film also stars Sunil Shetty and Johnny Lever in important supporting roles. The title, which comprises the names of the four lead characters, is meant to be a pun on Laloo Prasad Yadav, an Indian politician. It is an unofficial copy of the 1988 Hollywood movie A Fish Called Wanda.
|Laloo Prasad Yadav|
|Directed by||Mahesh Manjrekar|
|Produced by||Manik N. Bedi|
Sagoon Wagh Executive producer Navdeep Singh
|Music by||Anand Raj Anand|
|Edited by||V. N. Mayekar|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Laloo (Sunil Shetty)'s girlfriend Padma (Masumeh Makhija) is fed up of his regular cheating on her. After one such incident she takes a flight to Cape Town to recover some jewels, which are rightfully hers, since her father's partner wrongfully stole them. Padma lands in Cape Town to discover him already there to receive her. After endless bouts of asking for her forgiveness Laloo is finally pardoned for the Nth time. Laloo tries to help out Padma in her mission but ends up messing things miserably. To get out of the mess Laloo takes help of a local thug in Cape Town called Johnny, a club owner, and his sidekick called Yadav (Johnny Lever) who help them to rob the bank holding the jewels. The four rob the bank, recover the stolen jewels and split outside the bank. While escaping from the bank, Yadav nearly runs over an old lady (Shashikala) with three dogs who becomes a witness to the robbery.
Now that the jewels are out from the bank, Padma has no qualms about giving a 'neat boot' to the three. And the game of double cross starts! Padma calls the cops and informs them of Johnny having robbed the bank. The cops pick up Johnny. But Johny has shifted the booty somewhere else! Padma now switches her charms on Prasad (Mahesh Manjrekar), the lawyer who is fighting for Johnny. She plays love games with Prasad in trying to extract the information out of him as to where the jewels have been hidden by Johnny. Laloo gets jealous of Prasad and wants to teach him a lesson. But he has not reckoned with Yadav who is also a victim of Padma's charm! So if Laloo has to get even with Padma, it's going to be only over Yadav's dead body. So the game of one-upmanship keeps happening, till finally the jewels do land in Padma's lap – but she has three men now who love her dearly – Laloo, Prasad and Yadav. And two of them have to lose out to the third!! Guess as to, who will be nursing broken hearts?
- Sunil Shetty as Lalchand Dilachand (Laloo)
- Masumi Makhija as Padmashree Divakar Kashyap
- Mahesh Manjrekar as Advocate Prasad Pritam Pradyuma
- Johnny Lever as Yadav
- Gulshan Grover as Johnny
- Sharat Saxena as Uncle Tom (Laloo's uncle)
- Kim Sharma as Rita
- Anupama Verma as Mrs. Pradyuma
- Navdeep Singh as Seth
- Kalpana Pandit
- Laloo Prasad Yadav as Himself (guest appearance)
Music was done by 3 music directors, Anand Raj Anand, *Sukhwinder Singh, and **Nitin Rai
- Aaoonga Nahin Peeche Peeche - Abhijeet, Vaishali Samant **MUSIC ANAND RAJ ANAND
- Chidiya Chidiya - Vaishali Samant, Mahesh Manjrekar***MUSIC ANAND RAJ ANAND
- Chidiya Chidiya (Fadooo Mix) - Mahesh Manjrekar, Vaishali Samant **MUSIC ANAND RAJ ANAND
- Deewana - MUSIC AND SINGER * Sukhwinder Singh
- Jadoo (Female) - Sunidhi Chauhan *MUSIC SUKHWINDER SINGH
- Jadoo (Male) -MUSIC AND SINGER** Sukhwinder Singh
- Kabhi To Rooth Ja - Shaan**MUSIC NITIN RAIKAR.
- Padmashree Laloo Prasad Yadav MUSIC** - Nitin Raikwar, SINGERS** Vinod Rathod, K. K.