Pablo González (Argentine footballer)
|Full name||Pablo Andrés González|
|Date of birth||May 28, 1985|
|Place of birth||Tandil, Argentina|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2007–2008||→ Locarno (loan)||14||(2)|
|2011–2012||→ Siena (loan)||16||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 January 2019|
A youth product of Racing Club de Avellaneda, González moved to Europe in 2007 for his first time to join Swiss club FC Locarno on loan. After a lone but successful season with Grupo Universitario de Tandil, González moved to Italy and signed with Lega Pro Prima Divisione club Novara, immediately becoming a mainstay for the club in its triumphant campaign ended with promotion in June 2010.
González's second season at Novara saw him performing as one of the top strikers in the Serie B league and assured him a growing reputation, and his performances led to interest from various Serie A and high-profile Serie B clubs; on 13 January 2011 Palermo chairman Maurizio Zamparini confirmed the signing of González from Novara, effective from 1 July. On 31 January 2010 Palermo officially announced the signing of González (later announced the fee was €5 million), who was allowed to complete the season on loan at Novara, in a bid that included co-ownerships of rosanero players Samir Ujkani and Michel Morganella (both tagged for €1.5M) and €2 million cash. He concluded the season with 45 appearances: 38 in the league, 4 in the promotion play–off and 2 in the Coppa Italia. He scored 15 goals: 14 in the league and 1 in the promotion play–off against Padova. Novara is promoted to Serie A after 55 years of absence. In the summer he moved to Palermo. It marked the debut rosanero, 4 August 2011, in the Europa League against Thun.
On 31 August 2011 he moved on loan to Siena for €100,000 (discounted in order to compensate the signing of Milan Milanović), with option to sign for €2.8 million (or €1.4 million for half). He made his Serie A debut on 11 September 2011, against Catania.
In the summer of 2016 he signed a four-year contract with Alessandria.
- Pablo Andrés González Archived 2010-03-08 at the Wayback Machine
- Pablo González at Soccerway
- "ZAMPARINI: "GONZALEZ LO ABBIAMO PRESO"" (in Italian). Mediagol. 13 January 2011. Archived from the original on 6 September 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- "Palermo is strengthen, here is the initial balance". US Città di Palermo (in Italian). www.ilpalermocalcio.it. 9 August 2011. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "Bilancio Palermo 2010/11: utile grazie a Cavani e Kjaer" (in Italian). ju29ro.com. 8 February 2012. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "ACQUISTATO PABLO ANDRES GONZALEZ" (in Italian). US Città di Palermo. 31 January 2011. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- US Città di Palermo SpA Report and Accounts on 30 June 2012 (in Italian)
- "MOVIMENTI DI MERCATO" [MARKET MOVEMENTS] (in Italian). US Città di Palermo. 22 June 2012. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- "UFFICIALE: PABLO GONZALEZ RITORNA IN AZZURRO" (in Italian). Novara. 14 December 2018.