This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pürevdorjiin Serdamba (Mongolian: Пүрэвдоржийн Сэрдамба; April 18, 1985) is a retired Mongolian amateur boxer. He won a silver medal at the 2008 Olympics in the junior flyweight division. He became the first Mongolian to win a gold medal at the World Amateur Boxing Championships in 2009.
Pürevdorjiin in 2008
|Born||April 18, 1985|
|Height||1.64 m (5 ft 4 1⁄2 in)|
|Updated on 29 July 2012.|
Southpaw Serdamba lost his first bout at the 2007 World Championships to David Ayrapetyan 7:34. He won a gold medal at the 2009 World Amateur Boxing Championships held in Milan, Italy defeating David Ayrapetyan.
2008 (as a Light flyweight)
- Defeated Ronald Serugo (Uganda) 9-5
- Defeated Luis Yanez (United States) 8-7
- Defeated Amnat Ruanroeng (Thailand) 5-2
- Defeated Yampier Hernández (Cuba) 8-8 (countback tiebreaker)
- Lost to Zou Shiming (China) shoulder injury, score 0:1
2012 (as a Light flyweight)
- Lost to Devendro Singh (India), score 16:11
World Championship resultsEdit
2009 (as a Light flyweight)
- Nauright, John; Parrish, Charles (2012). Sports Around the World: History, Culture, and Practice. ABC-CLIO. p. 59. ISBN 9781598843002. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Pürevdorjin Serdamba Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2015-11-04.