This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Oplink Communications LLC is a US-based business manufacturing and selling optical components. Oplink headquarter is located in Fremont, California and has R/D center and manufacture facility in China and Taiwan.
|Subsidiary of Molex|
|Revenue||$204 million (2014)|
|$19 million (2014)|
The company was founded in San Jose, California in 1995. Oplink moved its manufacture facility from San Jose, California to Free-trade-zone in Zhuhai, China in 2000. The company went public (Nasdaq: OPLK) in 2000 with initial public offering of 13,700,000 shares of its common stock at a price of $18.00 per share. Oplink moved its headquarter to Fremont, California in 2004. Koch Industries acquired Oplink for 445 million in December 2014. The legal entity changes to Oplink Communications LLC. Oplink is currently owned by Molex, a global electronics components company and Koch Industries subsidiary.
Mergers and acquisitionsEdit
- "Oplink SEC 2014 annual report". Sec.gov. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Oplink Communications Inc: Company Profile - Bloomberg". Bloomberg.
- "Zhuhai Ftz Oplink Communications Inc: Company Profile - Bloomberg". Bloomberg.
- "Taiwan Oplink Communications, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Businessweek.com.
- "OPLINK COMMUNICATIONS INC (OPLK) IPO". NASDAQ.com.
- Oplink Communications, Inc. (4 October 2000). "Oplink Communications, Inc. Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering". prnewswire.com.
- "Koch Industries, Inc. Completes Purchase of Oplink Communications, Inc". Yahoo Finance. 23 December 2014.
- Tess Stynes (19 November 2014). "Oplink Agrees to Be Acquired by Koch Industries for $445 Million". Wsj.com. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Oplink to take major stake in OCP for about $85.3 M". Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Oplink to Acquire a Majority Interest in Optical Communication". bloomberg.com. 23 April 2007.
- "Oplink Communications Closes Purchase of Majority Interest in". bloomberg.com. 6 June 2007.