One Western Visayas
One Western Visayas is a Philippine television news broadcasting show broadcast by GMA Iloilo and GMA Bacolod. Anchored by Atty. Sedfrey Cabaluna, Kaitlene Rivilla and Adrian Prietos, it premiered on August 27, 2018.
|One Western Visayas|
|Directed by||Diosdado Tan|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Audio format||5.1 surround sound|
|Original release||August 27, 2018 –|
|Preceded by||Ratsada 24 Oras|
Conceptualized by GMA Regional TV and GMA News and Public Affairs, the newscast, delivered in the Hiligaynon language, covers the significant and comprehensive news reports from the Western Visayas, consisting of Panay region (Iloilo, Aklan, Antique, Capiz, and Guimaras) and Negros Occidental (including Bacolod). It is also the second newscast to use the "ONE" brand, which was first used by One Mindanao from GMA Mindanao-wide stations. With overall master control from the Iloilo City studios, it is anchored in a tri-presenter format in separate locations, with two presenters based in Iloilo City and one presenter in the Bacolod newsroom.
One Western Visayas is also aired via satellite through relay stations GMA TV-10 Sipalay, TV-30 Kanladog/Murcia, TV-5 Roxas, and TV-2 Kalibo and is simulcast on radio via Super Radyo DYSI 1323 kHz with international broadcasts through GMA News TV.
Launched on August 27, 2018, the newscast marks the return of GMA Western Visayas as an originating station, three years after it was closed down due to mass layoffs and financial difficulties brought about by streamlining of GMA Regional TV's operations, thus resulting in the stations broadcasting the entire national programming lineup from Channel 7 Manila. This also signifies unified programming for the Iloilo and Bacolod stations which, before their initial closure, produced separate newscasts Ratsada 24 Oras (formerly Ratsada and 24 Oras Western Visayas) and Isyu Subong Negrense, respectively, in their respective provinces.
On March 18, 2019, GMA Bacolod opened its studio which is now used by the newscast. Prior to the launching of its studio, reports and headlines from Bacolod City and the rest of Negros Occidental are aired live from the GMA Bacolod Control Room.
On May 27, 2019, Atty. Sedfrey Cabaluna (also a high-ranking officer at Department of Tourism Region VI) temporarily left the newscast. Despite that, the program still maintained a tri-anchor format when reporters Darylle Marie Sarmiento and Zen Quilantang took turns as his replacement.
On July 29, 2019; the newscast unveiled a minor revision of its logo, changing its font color to green, reflecting it with its co-produced national newscast GMA Regional TV Weekend News (now Regional TV Weekend News), which was launched on July 27. It was relaunched on August 12, adopting graphics and studio sets for Iloilo and Bacolod stations similar to its sister regional newscast Balitang Amianan and Balitang Bisdak. The newscast also opened its doors to audiences every Friday.
Atty. Sedfrey Cabaluna returned to the newscast on March 16, 2020, reuniting with co-anchors Rivilla and Prietos. Sarmiento and Quilantang meanwhile will continue as news correspondents.
From June 29, 2020 to July 10, 2020, the program expanded its coverage and began to carry over reports from Central and Eastern Visayas due to GMA Regional TV's decision to suspend GMA Cebu's program production caused by the increasingly intense situation in Cebu City caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. With that, the newscast, in interim, is de facto named as GMA Regional TV One Western Visayas-Balitang Bisdak newscast. Studio presentation remains filmed at the GMA Iloilo Broadcast Complex and is now delivered in the Filipino language. Cabaluna and Rivilla continued as anchors of the interim newscast, with Bobby Nalzaro of Balitang Bisdak officially joining as a co-anchor 3 days later, temporarily replacing Adrian Prietos. Reports from the program and Balitang Bisdak were delivered in Hiligaynon and Cebuano respectively. This marks the return of a multilingual newscast of the network since GMA Davao's One Mindanao which used Cebuano and Filipino from August 28, 2017 to November 22, 2019 before switching to full Cebuano from November 25, 2019 to present. The merger ended on July 13, 2020, when Balitang Bisdak returned to programming on the same day due to the resumption of GMA Cebu's program production. The program also reverted its overall medium of delivery in the Hiligaynon language and Prietos returned to the newscast as co-anchor.
During the week of May 10-14, 2021, various anchors such as Zen Quilantang from Iloilo and Darylle Marie Sarmiento from Bacolod filled in for Adrian Prietos who was recovering from an earlier accident involving a PUJ.
- Atty. Sedfrey Cabaluna (Main anchor and Senior Desk Manager)
- Kaitlene Rivilla (Iloilo co-anchor)
- Adrian Prietos (Bacolod co-anchor and correspondent)
- Joecel Huesca (Program Manager/Executive Producer)
- Rudje Mar Sucaldito (Supervising Producer)
- Ashley Liza (Senior Desk Manager)
- Zen Quilantang (Iloilo correspondent and relief anchor)
- Darylle Marie Sarmiento (Iloilo/Bacolod correspondent and relief anchor)
- John Sala (Iloilo correspondent and relief anchor)
- Bae ng Bayan
- Balitang Barangay
- Batang Petmalu
- Bantay Presyo
- Breaking News
- HIV Watch
- Iskul Ko 'To
- Hayop sa Balita
- Kapuso Barangayan
- Kapuso Lodi
- Kapuso ng Kalikasan
- Kapuso Serbisyo
- Kwento ng Pilipino
- Lagaw Ta!
- Lakat sang Panahon
- Ipa-One Western Visayas mo!
- My Western Visayas
- Namit Gid!
- Nga'a Man?
- Ratsada Balita
- RTV Presents
- Sports Lang
- Tsapa Reports
- Viral na 'to!
- 'Yan ang Pinoy!
- "GMA Regional TV pioneers unified Hiligaynon newscast with One Western Visayas". GMA Network. August 24, 2018. Retrieved August 24, 2018.
- "'GMA Regional TV Strip' on GMA News TV". manilastandard.net. May 17, 2020.
- Burgos, Nestor P., Jr. (November 16, 2015). "GMA 7 scraps Iloilo City news program, lays off 20 staff". Inquirer.net.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "San Carlos Hosts Future Tourism Leaders Camp". The Visayan Daily Star. May 22, 2019.
- "Pioneering unified Hiligaynon newscast One Western Visayas kicks off second year with new look, upgraded reportage". www.gmanetwork.com. August 9, 2019.
- "Welcome back, Atty. Sedfrey Cabaluna 💚". www.facebook.com. March 16, 2020.
- One Western Visayas: July 13, 2020. YouTube. July 13, 2020.
- One Western Visayas: May 10, 2021. YouTube. May 21, 2021.
- One Western Visayas: May 11, 2021. YouTube. May 21, 2021.
- One Western Visayas: May 12, 2021. YouTube. May 21, 2021.
- One Western Visayas: May 13, 2021. YouTube. May 21, 2021.
- One Western Visayas: May 14, 2021. YouTube. May 21, 2021.