Balitang Bisdak is a Philippine television news broadcasting show broadcast by GMA Cebu. Originally anchored by Bobby Nalzaro, it premiered on October 4, 1999. Nalzaro, Cecille Quibod-Castro and Alan Domingo currently serve as the anchors.
|Also known as|
|Directed by||Davis Abella|
|Narrated by||Al Torres|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Production locations||GMA Complex, Nivel Hills, Apas, Cebu City|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Audio format||5.1 surround sound|
|Original release||October 4, 1999 –|
Presented from the studios of GMA TV Cebu, it provides news and features around Cebu City and province of the same name and the rest of Central Visayas including Negros Oriental, Bohol, and Siquijor; as well as Eastern Visayas (including Northern Samar, Western Samar, Eastern Samar, Biliran and Leyte where interviewees speak Waray while Southern Leyte also uses Cebuano, which is spoken by them), through the station's news teams and stringers across the two regions.
The newscast airs every Monday to Friday from 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM on GMA Cebu (TV-7) and via satellite on relay stations GMA TV-10 Tacloban, GMA TV-11 Bohol, GMA TV-5 Dumaguete, GMA TV-5 Calbayog, GMA TV-8 Borongan, and GMA TV-12 Ormoc. It is also aired on a slightly-delayed basis over radio station DYSS 999 AM at 6:00 PM.
The newscast was first aired on Channel 7 in Cebu on October 4, 1999, two years after Bobby Nalzaro left Bombo Radyo Cebu in 1997 and transfers to GMA Cebu to be a regional news anchor and became a solo anchor of the newscast until 2005 when Cecille Quibod-Castro became anchor with Nalzaro, and in 2009 when Atty. Rose Versoza joined in the newscast and stayed until 2015.
To strengthen its commitment of bringing the latest, most credible and most comprehensive news from the region, in July 2013, the newscast started its international broadcast on GMA News TV International alongside other regional newscasts Balitang Amianan (formerly 24 Oras North Central Luzon and 24 Oras Amianan) and One Mindanao (formerly Testigo, 24 Oras Southern Mindanao and 24 Oras Davao).
Balitang Bisdak ended its 15th year run on November 7, 2014 as it adopts the branding of its now-main newscast 24 Oras into 24 Oras Central Visayas effective November 10.
On November 13, 2017, Balitang Bisdak was relaunched similar to sister newscasts Balitang Amianan and One Mindanao, and it is now available in major parts of Central and Eastern Visayas, by simulcasting the program through its relay stations in Tacloban, Bohol and Ormoc. Veteran reporter Alan Domingo joined Nalzaro and Quibod-Castro in the anchor team.
Two days after the launch of GMA Regional TV Weekend News (now Regional TV Weekend News), on July 29, 2019, Balitang Bisdak updated their graphics and introduced a modified logo and new opening titles patterned with its co-produced national newscast (featuring the sceneries of the program's coverage area). For the first time, the newscast had a more relaxed set-up with couches instead of the tables and chairs that viewers usually see on typical newscasts intending to be an extension of viewers' living room, further connecting the news anchors and the viewers. In addition to the new studio set, Balitang Bisdak opens its doors to the public as it invites viewers to participate as live studio audience every Friday.
On June 29, 2020, the program merged with GMA Iloilo's One Western Visayas due to GMA Regional TV's decision to suspend GMA Cebu's program production due to the increasingly intense situation in Cebu City caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. With that, reports from the newscast delivered in the Cebuano language are then transmitted to the Iloilo station and will be broadcast in the network's regional stations in Western, Central and Eastern Visayas. In interim, the program is de facto named as GMA Regional TV One Western Visayas-Balitang Bisdak newscast. Aside from Cebuano and Waray, the program now uses Filipino on studio presentation alongside Hiligaynon reports from One Western Visayas. This marks the return of a multilingual newscast of the network since GMA Davao's One Mindanao which used Cebuano and Filipino before switching to full Cebuano. On July 2, 2020, Bobby Nalzaro returned as co-anchor.  The merger ended on July 10, 2020, when the program returned on July 13 due to the resumption of GMA Cebu's program production. The program also reverted its overall medium of delivery in the Cebuano language
On May 3, 2021, the program added Samar to its coverage area. And with it, comes a new opening billboard.
- Bobby Nalzaro - Main Anchor
- Cecille Quibod-Castro - Co-anchor
- Alan Domingo - Co-anchor and correspondent
- Nikko Sereno - relief anchor
- Lou-Anne Mae Rondina - relief anchor
- Fe Marie Dumaboc - relief anchor
- Chello Vallena - Supervising Producer
- Mark Regie Abella - Playback Operator
- Atty. Rose Versoza
- Monching Auxtero
- Ana Desamparado
- Ara Labra
- Jun Veliganio
- Mark Anthony Bautista
- Bexmae Jumao-as
- Greggy Magdadaro
- Ching Pelayo
- Lalaine Go
- Aynee Triumfante
- Vic Serna
- Ademar Ochotorena
- Chona Carreon
- Lian Sinculan (now with DYRB Radyo Pilipino 540 Cebu)
- Yuri Deldig a.k.a. Yuri Richards† - House Attack segment reporter
- Victor Camion - Dumaguete correspondent (now with 89.5 Brigada News FM Dumaguete)
- Leo Udtohan - Bohol correspondent (now with 90.3 Radyo Bandera News FM Bohol)
- Ronnie Roa - Leyte correspondent (now with 93.5 Brigada News FM Tacloban)
Area of CoverageEdit
- Alerto (Police News)
- Bisdak Sports (Sports News)
- Flash Report (Breaking News)
- Huli Cam (Reports on footages in CCTV)
- Newstand (Other Reports)
- Ronda Waray (Other Reports in Eastern Visayas)
- Serbisyong Puso (Public Service)
- Showbiz Kini (Entertainment News)
- GMA Regional TV Presents (Special Reports)
- Extra Income (Money News)
- Bida Ka
- Bisdak Bae
- Good News
- Reklamo, Ipa-Bisdak mo!
- Balitang Barangay (Community News)
- Batang Bisdak (Kiddie News)
- Manglaag Ta! (Travel)
- Lami Syah!/Food Trip (Food)
- Lahi Rah (Viral News)
- Hayop sa Balita
- Dagan sa Panahon (Weather News)
- 'Sa Maaan? (Questions)
- Kwento ng Pilipino
- "GMA International - Bringing Filipinos Abroad Closer to Home". www.gmanetwork.com. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- Regional news made more accessible to Filipinos abroad via GMA News TV International
- 'Balitang Bisdak' now available in more areas in Central and Eastern Visayas
- Balitang Bisdak debuts fresh new look and levelled-up content