One News (TV channel)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
One News is a Philippine pay television news channel owned by MediaQuest Holdings through its subsidiary Cignal TV. It was launched on May 2018 exclusively on satellite provider Cignal. One News is the first MediaQuest channel launched under the One branding, along with the free TV sports channel One Sports, cable sports channel One Sports+, Filipino-language news channel One PH, premium entertainment channel One Screen, and soon to be launched One TV.
|Launched||28 May 2018|
|Network||TV5 Network Inc. |
Philstar Media Group
|Owned by||Cignal TV, Inc. |
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(dowsncaled to 16:9 480i for the SDTV feed)
|Slogan||We are One News|
The Philippine Star
|Headquarters||News5 (main studio)|
TV5 Media Center, Reliance cor. Sheridan Sts., Mandaluyong City, Philippines
The Philippine Star
202 Roberto S. Oca St. cor Railroad St. Port Area, Manila, Philippines
95 Balete Drive Extension, Brgy. Kristong Hari, New Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
|Formerly called||Bloomberg TV Philippines (2015–2018)|
|Sister channel(s)||One PH|
|Cignal||Channel 8 (SD) |
Channel 250 (HD)
On May 28, 2018, Cignal TV formally launched One News, an English-language news channel which features content from the news divisions of the MediaQuest group (News5, The Philippine Star and BusinessWorld) as well as Bloomberg TV Philippines and Probe Productions. Most of the programs from its predecessor were retained on this new channel.
In 2019, 5 began airing selected programs from One News, such as Agenda with Cito Beltran and The Chiefs. In addition, a dedicated news website for the said channel was launched and is currently managed by the PhilStar Media Group which is also responsible for the takeover of the InterAksyon website from News5 since 2018.
On March 17, 2020, One News along with One PH, temporarily suspended its regular programming as an effect of the Luzon-wide "enhanced community quarantine" against COVID-19. The news channel aired the special edition of One News Now.
One News' program lineup includes national newscasts, talk shows, business newscasts, and public affairs shows. Several programs from Bloomberg Television, PBA Rush, and Colours as well as third-party content partners (including Probe Productions) are also aired on the channel. Some programs can also be seen on free TV via 5 and internationally through Kapatid Channel.
- The Big Story* (2016; formerly aired on Bloomberg TV Philippines)
- One News Now (2018)
- One News Live (2018)
- One Newsroom* (2019)
- Rush* (2019)
- BusinessWorld Live (2018)
Daily talk showsEdit
- Bank On It (2019)
- Bright Ideas (2016; formerly aired on Bloomberg TV Philippines)
- Convo with Cheche Lazaro (2018)
- Chronicles (2018)
- Gear Up! (2018)
- Go Local (2016; formerly aired on Bloomberg TV Philippines)
- Political Capital (2015; formerly aired on Bloomberg TV Philippines)
- Titans (2018)
- One News Documentaries (2019, also aired on One PH)
- #RidePH with Jay Taruc (also aired on 5)
- 40 is the New 30*
- Basketball Almanac
- Basketball Science
- Discover Eats
- Hotline Philippines
- Life's A Beach
- Mom Cafe
- The Philippine Star's Let's Eat
- The Philippine Star's Modern Living (formerly aired on ABS-CBN News Channel)
- The Philippine Star's Wheels (formerly aired on S+A)
- BBC Earth on One News
- Game Changers
- Hello World
- Rush Hour (2018–2019)
- Face The Chiefs (2019)
(*) also aired on Kapatid Channel (international).
Presenters and HostsEdit
- Ed Lingao (also with One PH)
- Roby Alampay
- Wilfredo G. Reyes
- Amy Pamintuan
- Luchi Cruz-Valdes
- Cito Beltran
- Cheche Lazaro
- Jove Francisco (also with One PH)
- Charles Lejano (also with One PH)
- Shawn Yao
- Danie Laurel
- Chiqui Vergel (also with One PH)
- Jamie Herrell (also with One PH)
- Mike Toledo
- Carlo Ople
- RJ Ledesma
- Lourd de Veyra (also with One PH)
- MJ Marfori (also with One PH)
- Rizza Diaz (Also an One Sports correspondent, also with One PH)
- "First on MNP: TV5, Cignal to launch a new 24/7 English news channel". Media Newser Philippines. 18 April 2018. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- "One News' Promo Video". Media Newser Philippines. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- "'One News' sa Cignal". News5. May 18, 2018. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- "Cignal Launches New Cable Channel 'One News'". Center for Media Freedom and Responsibility. June 18, 2018. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- Mendez, Christina (July 30, 2018). "Cignal TV launches One News". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- Mendez, Christina (May 30, 2018). "Cignal TV launches One News". The Philippine Star. Retrieved March 4, 2020.
- "Cignal Launches New Cable Channel "One News"". CMFR-phil.org. June 18, 2018. Retrieved March 4, 2020.