Olympic Park, Montreal
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Structures in the district include the:
- Olympic Stadium
- Biodome (Originally the Olympic Velodrome)
- Olympic Athletes' Village
- Maurice Richard Arena (Olympic host of boxing and wrestling events)
- Pierre Charbonneau Centre (Olympic host of wrestling)
- Olympic Pool (Olympic host of swimming events)
- Additionally: Saputo Stadium, Famous Players' Starcité theater, and the Montreal Metro stations Pie-IX and Viau
Adjacent to the park across Sherbrooke Street is Maisonneuve Park, which contains the Montreal Botanical Garden (Olympic host of Athletics (20 km walk) and Modern pentathlon) and Montreal Insectarium.
- Amadon, Brett (October 4, 2017). "Nadia Comaneci honored with public space next to Montreal's Olympic Stadium". Excelle Sports. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- "Montreal Olympic Park unveils plaza honouring gymnast Nadia Comaneci". Montreal Gazette. October 4, 2017. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
|This Montreal geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|