Olawale Sulaiman is a Nigerian neurosurgeon and academic. He is the CEO and Chairman of RNZ Global Ltd. and co-founder and Chief Medical Officer of Hippo Technologies. He also founded RNZ Foundation to provide free neurosurgical care for Nigerian patients and training for healthcare professionals. In 2019, He was appointed as Special Adviser to the Governor of Kwara State on Health Matters.
He received a combined MD/MSc degree at Medical University, Varna, Bulgaria and a PhD in neuroscience at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada. His neurosurgery training was completed at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada. He completed post-residency fellowship training in complex nerve reconstruction at Louisiana State University and complex spine surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, USA. He is board-certified in neurosurgery by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
He was System Chairman of Neurosurgery and Co-Medical Director at the Ochsner Neuroscience Institute until January 2019 and then serves as the Medical Director, International Medicine, African Region, Ochsner Health system. He is a Professor of neurosurgery and spinal surgery at Tulane University. He is the CEO and Chairman of RNZ Global Ltd, a healthcare development, operations and management he started in 2010. He is co-founder and Chief Medical Officer of Hippo Technologies, a virtual healthcare technology company he helped found in 2020.
He has been involved in neurosurgery and spine surgeries in Nigeria and provides free neurosurgery services to indigent population that cannot afford complex spine surgeries. He and his wife, Patricia Sulaiman launched RNZ Foundation for their philanthropic activities in Nigeria.
- Aisha Salaudeen. "Nigerian neurosurgeon takes pay cut to perform free operations". CNN. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Nigerian performs first MIS spine surgery in Sub-Saharan Africa". Punch Newspapers. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "World-class doctor operates Fregene in major surgeries". The Nation Newspaper. 2019-09-06. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Kenney, Tanasia (2018-03-08). "Black Surgeon Saves Lives in New Orleans And Nigeria, Often for Free". Atlanta Black Star. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Olaoye, Wole (2019-07-28). "Milk of African kindness". Daily Trust. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Njoku, Ime (2019-08-26). "Dr Wale Sulaiman appointed Special Adviser on Health Matters in Kwara". Voice of Nigeria. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Kwara govt offers free surgery to 500 patients". TVC News Nigeria. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Oni, Stephen Olufemi; Ilorin (2019-09-22). "500 for Kwara surgical interventions". Newtelegraph. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Online, Tribune (2019-09-23). "500 residents benefit medical, surgical intervention in Kwara". Tribune Online. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Online, Tribune (2019-08-26). "Kwara to overhaul health system, say AbdulRazaq , senators". Tribune Online. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Kwara gov appoints US-based neurosurgeon as health aide". The Sun Nigeria. 2019-08-28. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Oni, Stephen Olufemi (2019-09-29). "35% rise in public hospital patronage as Kwara prioritises healthcare". Newtelegraph. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Dr. Wale Sulaiman Named Medical Director of International Medicine for the African Region". ANPA. 2018-02-18. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Korol, Shayna. "5 things to know about neurosurgeon, philanthropist Dr. Olawale Sulaiman". www.beckersspine.com. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- says, Jay Jacobs (2019-10-03). "Trained by Nigeria, US-based Nigerian neurosurgeon home to help". P.M. News. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Wale Sulaiman, MD, PhD, FRCS(C) | Medicine". medicine.tulane.edu. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Olawale Sulaiman: US-based Nigerian Neurosurgeon Who Flies Home Monthly To Perform Free Surgery". Nigerians Diaspora Commission. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Bodunrin, Sola (2019-07-27). "US-based Nigerian neurosurgeon Olawale Sulaiman flies home monthly to save lives". Legit.ng - Nigeria news. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- PROF. WALE AND PATRICIA SULAIMON SPEAKS ON MENINGITIS - HELLO NIGERIA, retrieved 2019-10-06
- Ugoalah, Rose. "CPR and AED Training in Nigeria: Interview with Nurse Patricia Sulaiman of RNZ Global – The Circular". Retrieved 2019-10-06.
- "Surgeon saving lives in N.O. and Nigeria". WWL. Retrieved 2019-10-06.