Oil Creek Township, Crawford County, Pennsylvania
Oil Creek Township,
Crawford County, Pennsylvania
Township of Titusville Pennsylvania
Location of Oil Creek Township in Crawford County
Location of Crawford County in Pennsylvania
|• Total||32.20 sq mi (83.39 km2)|
|• Land||32.20 sq mi (83.39 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||55.75/sq mi (21.53/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (EDT)|
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The township is located in eastern Crawford County and is bordered to the east by Warren County and to the south by Venango County. The township surrounds the borough of Hydetown in the west and borders the city of Titusville, located on the Venango County line, to the north, east, and west. Oil Creek, a tributary of the Allegheny River, flows through the township from west to south, passing through Hydetown and Titusville.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,880 people, 748 households, and 551 families residing in the township. The population density was 58.2 people per square mile (22.5/km²). There were 844 housing units at an average density of 26.1/sq mi (10.1/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.88% White, 0.21% African American, 0.37% Native American, 0.21% from other races, and 0.32% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.16% of the population.
There were 748 households, out of which 32.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.2% were married couples living together, 5.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.3% were non-families. 23.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 11.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.51 and the average family size was 2.94.
In the township the population was spread out, with 25.7% under the age of 18, 6.0% from 18 to 24, 25.4% from 25 to 44, 26.8% from 45 to 64, and 16.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females, there were 99.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 98.3 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $33,882, and the median income for a family was $38,500. Males had a median income of $31,790 versus $23,558 for females. The per capita income for the township was $16,682. About 7.9% of families and 10.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12.0% of those under age 18 and 6.1% of those age 65 or over.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 13, 2017.
- Bureau, U. S. Census. "American FactFinder - Results". factfinder.census.gov. US Census Bureau. Retrieved 18 July 2019.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Oil Creek township, Crawford County, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 8, 2015.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.