Oecologia is an international peer-reviewed English-language journal published by Springer since 1968 (some articles were published in German or French until 1976). The journal publishes original research in a range of topics related to plant and animal ecology.
|Edited by||C.L. Ballaré; R.Brandl; K.L. Gross; R.K. Monson; J. Trexler; H. Ylönen|
Oecologia has an international focus and presents original papers, methods, reviews and special topics. Papers focus on population ecology, plant-animal interactions, ecosystem ecology, community ecology, global change ecology, conservation ecology, behavioral ecology and physiological ecology.
As of June 2014, the journal has six editors in chief:
- Carlos L. Ballaré (plant interactions), University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Roland Brandl (terrestrial invertebrate ecology), Philipps-University Marburg, Germany
- Katherine L. Gross (plant population/community ecology), Michigan State University, US
- Russell K. Monson (plant ecophysiology/ecosystem ecology), University of Colorado, US
- Joel Trexler (aquatic ecology), Florida International University, US
- Hannu Ylönen (terrestrial vertebrate ecology), University of Jyväskylä, Finland