Octavian Morariu (born August 7, 1961) is a Romanian former rugby union player and coach, and is currently the President of Rugby Europe.
|Birth name||Octavian Morariu|
|Date of birth||August 7, 1961|
|Place of birth||Bucharest, Romania|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||216 lb (98 kg)|
|School||Gheorghe Lazăr National College|
|University||Facultatea de Căi ferate, Drumuri și Poduri|
|Notable relative(s)||Viorel Morariu (father)|
|Rugby union career|
He is the son of former Romania rugby union international Viorel Morariu and Cornelia Timoșanu a former volleyball player for Romania, which finished second at the 1956 FIVB Volleyball World Championship in France. Octavian Morariu played as a Number Eight for Rugby Club Grivița Roșie as a youth and also for Barbarians. Morariu gathered 2 caps for Romania, from 1984 to 1985 without scoring.
From 2001 to 2003 Morariu was president of Romanian Rugby Federation, and from 2004 to 2014 president of Romanian Olympic and Sports Committee. Since 2013 Morariu has served as the President of Rugby Europe, the governing body for rugby union in Europe. He was unanimously reelected for a second term in 2016. In 2013, Morariu became a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), he was a member of the International Relations Commission from 2014-2015 an is since 2015, a member of the Public Affairs and Social Development through Sport Commission. 
In 2013, Morariu became a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), he was a member of the International Relations Commission from 2014-2015 an is since 2015, a member of the Public Affairs and Social Development through Sport Commission. 
- Octavian Morariu, preşedintele Comitetului Olimpic şi Sportiv Român: „Am intrat la facultate primul pe listă“
- Octavian Morariu, de profesie învingător
- ProSport, în vizită la familia Morariu (in Romanian)
- Octavian Morariu Career Figures
- OCTAVIAN MORARIU A FOST REALES PRESEDINTE AL RUGBY EUROPE
- https://www.olympic.org/mr-octavian-morariu. Retrieved 22 February 2021. Missing or empty
- "Octavian Morariu". The International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 22 February 2021.