North Maharashtra University
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2021)
Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University is a university situated in Jalgaon, Maharashtra. Formerly North Maharashtra University was established on 15 August 1990 after separating it from the parent University of Pune.
|Motto||"Teach One Each One & Tree One"|
|Established||15 August 1990|
|Chancellor||Bhagat Singh Koshyari|
In 2001, NAAC accredited the prestigious 4-Star Status to the university. The university was re-accredited by NAAC as 'B'(CGPA 2.88 on 4 point scale) grade university. Currently during the third cycle re-accreditation by NAAC, the university has been awarded with 'A' grade (CGPA 3.11 on 4-point scale)
The university campus is located about 8 km away from Jalgaon and 1.5 km away from the Asia Highway No. 46. It occupies an area of 660 acres (2.7 km2) on the banks of Girna river and on a hilly terrain (above mean sea level 810 ft.). The campus has been beautified with a massive plantation drive of more than 2 lakh trees which earned it the recognition of ‘Vanshree Award – 2000’ by Government of Maharashtra and Indira Priyadarshini Vrikshamitra Awards-2002’ by Ministry of Environment and Forests of Government of India.
- The university library has six floors and more than 50,000 books. There are more than 500 magazines subscribed in the Library reading section.
- Research students of the North Maharashtra University establish the North Maharashtra University Research Scholar Association on 14 September 2009 by the hand of Honorable Prin. Dr. K. B. Patil (V. C.). Currently there are 62 members comprising the university's teaching faculty.
- Separate hostel facilities for male and female students are available on the campus on the basis of merit and certain other restrictions. Staff quarters are located within the campus.
Schools and departmentsEdit
- School of Physical Sciences.
- School of Chemical Sciences.
School of Chemical Sciences runs six master and Ph.D. programs. These programs are Master in Chemistry having six different specialisations - viz. Polymer Chemistry, Pesticides and Agrochemical Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry. The school is engaged in having nice industry university interactions by doing applied and industrial research. The school is also engaged in basic research and received number of projects from various Govt. funding agencies such as UGC, DST, CSIR, DRDO, etc. Students of the school are also receiving jobs in industries, and many of them have established their own industries.
- School of Environmental and Earth Sciences
- School of Life Sciences.
- School of Mathematical Sciences.
- School of Environmental Sciences.
- School of Social Sciences.
- Department of Applied Geography
- University Department of Chemical Technology (UDCT)
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Comparative Languages & Literature
- Department of Library & Information Science
- Department of Education
- Department of Law
- Department of Performing Arts
- Pratap Philosophy Center, Amalner