North Bend Township, Starke County, Indiana
North Bend Township
Location in Starke County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.2 sq mi (94 km2)|
|• Land||35.46 sq mi (91.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.74 sq mi (1.9 km2) 2.04%|
|Elevation||722 ft (220 m)|
|• Density||39.3/sq mi (15.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
46511, 46534, 46960, 46968
|GNIS feature ID||453679|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.2 square miles (94 km2), of which 35.46 square miles (91.8 km2) (or 97.96%) is land and 0.74 square miles (1.9 km2) (or 2.04%) is water.
Cities, towns, villagesEdit
- Bass Lake (east half)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Washington Township (north)
- Union Township, Marshall County (east)
- Aubbeenaubbee Township, Fulton County (southeast)
- Tippecanoe Township, Pulaski County (south)
- Franklin Township, Pulaski County (southwest)
- California Township (west)
- Center Township (northwest)
The township contains these three cemeteries: North Bend, North Union and Ora.
Airports and landing stripsEdit
- Bennett Strip Airport
- Black Lake
- Hartz Lake
- Langenbaum Lake
- Culver Community Schools Corporation
- Indiana's 2nd congressional district
- State House District 17
- State Senate District 5
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "North Bend Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-07-05.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.