Union Township, Marshall County, Indiana
Location in Marshall County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||43.95 sq mi (113.8 km2)|
|• Land||40.8 sq mi (106 km2)|
|• Water||3.16 sq mi (8.2 km2) 7.19%|
|Elevation||771 ft (235 m)|
|• Density||75.7/sq mi (29.2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453924|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 43.95 square miles (113.8 km2), of which 40.8 square miles (106 km2) (or 92.83%) is land and 3.16 square miles (8.2 km2) (or 7.19%) is water.
Cities, towns, villagesEdit
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Burr Oak, Cromley, Masonic, Washington and Zion.
Airports and landing stripsEdit
- Culver Airport
- Fleet Field
- Jacks Field
- Lake Maxinkuckee
- Houghton Lake
- Lost Lake
- Moore Lake
- Culver Community Schools Corporation
The township is served by the Culver-Union Township Public Library.
- Indiana's 2nd congressional district
- State House District 17
- State Senate District 5
- "Union Township, Marshall County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- McDonald, Daniel (1908). A Twentieth Century History of Marshall County, Indiana, Volume 1. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 86.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 6/06/16 through 6/10/16. National Park Service. 2016-06-17.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 9/01/14 through 9/05/14. National Park Service. 2014-09-12.
- "Indiana public library directory" (PDF). Indiana State Library. Retrieved 10 March 2018.