Opp, LB Stadium Rd, Gun Foundry, Basheer Bagh,
The Nizampur University College was originally the "Mirsarai" of Nawab Safdar Jung Musheer-ud-Daulah Fakhrul-ul-Mulk II the owner of the grand Errum Mnzil palace. Fakhar ul mulk and Khan-i-Khanan II, were the son's of Nawab Fakhar-ul-mulk I, a noble of Hyderabad.
The founder of the college and of several other educational institutions in the Hyderabad State, was Syed Hussain Bilgrami (Nawab Imad-ul- Mulk), who did pioneering work in the field of education as the Director of Education. He scouted and then appointed Dr. Aghorenath Chattopadhyay ( father of Sarojini Naidu, Nightingale of India) as the first principal of the college. The present building, was a summer palace of Paigah Nawab Mulk Fakrul Bahadur, later he gifted the palace to the college administration.
This college is an autonomous, constituent college of Osmania University. It is located near Lal Bahadur Shastri Stadium in Hyderabad. Nizam College was originally a palace of Fakhrul-ul-mulk II, a noble of Hyderabad.
Nizam College celebrated its centenary in 1987. It was established in 1887 by the amalgamation of the Hyderabad School (Noble School) and Madarsa-I-Aliya. Initially it was affiliated to the University of Madras for 60 years and was made a constituent college of Osmania University on 19 February 1947.
The college was granted autonomous status by the UGC in the year 1988–89 at undergraduate level and continues to enjoy this status. It is also NAAC accredited and has been given CPE (College with Potential for Excellence) grant by the UGC. The college has its own academic bodies viz., Governing Body, Academic Council, Finance Committee, Internal Quality Assurance Cell and Boards of Studies for each department to monitor its academic, financial and other activities to the desired level of satisfaction of the appropriate authorities.
The college offers both the undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses in the Faculties of Management, Arts and Social Sciences, Science, and Commerce. At present the college has 29 teaching departments. In addition to these courses, several students are pursuing their Doctoral and Post-Doctoral programmes.
Courses of StudyEdit
The college has undergraduate courses B.B.A., B.Sc., B.A. and B.Com. It also has B.C.A. There are 13 postgraduate programs leading to M.A., M.Sc. and M.Com degrees. There is a new 5-year integrated M.Sc. course in Chemistry. The college also has M.B.A., M.C.A and M.Sc. (IS) professional courses. In addition there are almost a dozen add-on courses: Certificate, Diploma and PG Diploma courses
This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2021)
- Abid Hussain
- Ali Yavar Jung
- Subodh Markandeya (well known Senior Advocate of India)
- Air Chief Marshal Idris Hasan Latif, Indian Air Force
- Anabheri Prabhakar Rao
- Kazi Zainul Abedin
- Suri Bhagavantam
- Chandra Siddhartha
- G. Ram Reddy
- Ghulam Ahmed
- M. L. Jaisimha
- Suravaram Pratapareddy
- Syed Mohammad Hadi
- Mohan Kanda
- P. Surya Prakash
- Wing Commander Rakesh Sharma
- Shyam Benegal
- P.V.Narasimha Rao
- Mohammed Azharuddin
- Sarojini Naidu
- Madhu Goud Yaskhi
- Nandamuri Balakrishna
- Kiran Kumar Reddy
- Mariadas Ruthnaswamy
- Asaduddin Owaisi
- Kotla Jayasurya Prakasha Reddy
- Sitaram Yechury
- Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- K. T. Rama Rao
- Babu Gogineni
- Special Correspondent (1 September 2012). "Cities / Hyderabad : When Jai met the same fate as Unmukt". The Hindu. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "A History behind Street Names of Hyderabad & Secunderabad". Primetimeprism.com. 30 June 1998. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- TNN 1 Feb 2011, 07.04am IST (1 February 2011). "Sameer sets up Nizam College win". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Nizam College Hyderabad, Heritage places in Hyderabad, Attractions in Hyderabad-Telangana". Hoparoundindia.com. Archived from the original on 30 January 2016. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Nizam College, Nizam College, Hyderabad, Telangana". Jagranjosh.com. 19 February 1947. Archived from the original on 1 September 2011. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Nizam College Hyderabad phone number, email address, reviews and official website". Indiastudychannel.com. 19 November 2007. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Peers lavish praise on Abid Hussain". The Hindu. 9 July 2012.
- Sen, Ronojoy (6 October 2015). Nation at Play: A History of Sport in India. Columbia University Press. p. 229. ISBN 978-0231164900. Retrieved 23 April 2017 – via Google Books.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nizam College.|