Dominic Gerald Lowery (born May 27, 1956), nicknamed Nick the Kick, is a former American football placekicker for the New England Patriots (1978), the Kansas City Chiefs (1980–1993), and New York Jets (1994–1996). Lowery was selected to the Pro Bowl three times and when he retired was ranked first in field goal percentage and also had the most field goals in NFL history. As of 2018[update] he was 16th on the National Football League's list of all-time scoring leaders, and is the Chiefs' all-time leading scorer, with 1,466 points in his 14 seasons with the club.
Lowery in 2018
|No. 7, 8|
|Born:||May 27, 1956|
Munich, West Germany
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Washington (DC) St. Albans|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
NFL career highlightsEdit
Lowery was All-Pro 7 times during his career, and set several NFL records during his career.
- Most accurate all-time (from 1984–1997 Lowery held the all-time accuracy mark for 10 of those 12 years)
- Most games with 2 or more 50 yards field goals
- Longest field goal in the first quarter on September 18, 1983 (58 yards, tied with Greg Zuerlein)
- Lowery held the record for best PAT percentage since the goal posts were moved back 10 yards and PAT's became 20 yards, not 10 yards.
- Lowery received the NFL Players Association's most prestigious humanitarian award, the Byron "Whizzer" White NFL Man of the Year Award, in 1993.
- Lowery kicked more than 15 game-winners during his career, including in 2 playoff games vs. the Oakland Raiders in 1992 and Pittsburgh Steelers in 1994, and also kicked the game-winning points in all 3 Pro Bowls in 1982, 1991 and 1993.
- 2007 Pro Football Hall of Fame nominee
- 13th most field goals all-time (383) as of 2018[update]
Career regular season statisticsEdit
|Regular season statistics|
|1978||New England Patriots (11–5)||2||0||1||0.0||0–0||0–0||0–0||0–1||0–0||0||0||7||7||100.0||7|
|1980||Kansas City Chiefs (8–8)||16||20||26||76.9||0–0||6–6||7–9||3–4||4–7||57||0||37||37||100.0||97|
|1981||Kansas City Chiefs (9–7)||16||26||36||72.2||0–0||5–5||13–15||7–9||1–7||52||0||37||38||97.4||115|
|1982||Kansas City Chiefs (3–6)||9||19||24||79.2||2–2||4–4||5–5||8–10||0–3||47||0||17||17||100.0||74|
|1983||Kansas City Chiefs (6–10)||16||24||30||80.0||1–1||5–5||6–6||10–14||2–4||58||0||44||45||97.8||116|
|1984||Kansas City Chiefs (8–8)||16||23||33||69.7||0–0||7–7||6–11||8–10||2–5||52||0||35||35||100.0||104|
|1985||Kansas City Chiefs (6–10)||16||24||27||88.9||0–0||4–4||10–11||7–7||3–5||58||0||35||35||100.0||107|
|1986||Kansas City Chiefs (10–6)||16||19||26||73.1||1–1||5–6||5–5||8–13||0–1||47||0||43||43||100.0||100|
|1987||Kansas City Chiefs (4–11)||12||19||23||82.6||1–1||4–4||8–10||4–6||2–2||54||0||26||26||100.0||83|
|1988||Kansas City Chiefs (4–11–1)||16||27||32||84.4||0–0||7–8||9–11||8–10||3–3||51||0||23||23||100.0||104|
|1989||Kansas City Chiefs (8–7–1)||16||24||33||72.7||1–1||6–6||10–14||6–9||1–3||50||0||34||35||97.1||106|
|1990||Kansas City Chiefs (11–5)||16||34||37||91.9||2–2||5–5||21–22||6–7||0–1||48||0||37||38||100.0||139|
|1991||Kansas City Chiefs (10–6)||16||25||30||83.3||2–2||11–11||8–8||4–7||0–2||48||0||35||35||100.0||110|
|1992||Kansas City Chiefs (10–6)||15||22||24||91.7||0–0||9–10||9–9||3–4||1–1||52||0||39||39||100.0||105|
|1993||Kansas City Chiefs (11–5)||16||23||29||79.3||0–0||8–8||7–9||7–11||1–1||52||2||37||37||100.0||106|
|1994||New York Jets (6–10)||16||20||23||87.0||0–0||8–8||6–7||6–8||0–0||49||0||26||27||96.3||86|
|1995||New York Jets (3–13)||14||17||21||81.0||0–0||4–4||8–10||3–3||2–4||50||0||24||24||100.0||75|
|1996||New York Jets (1–15)||16||17||24||70.8||0–0||9–9||6–7||2–8||0–0||46||0||26||27||96.3||77|
|Career (18 seasons)||260||383||479||80.0||10–10||107–110||144–169||100–141||22–49||58||2||562||568||98.9||1711|