Nexhat Daci (pronounced [neˈdʒat ˈdaːtsi]; born June 26, 1944 in Veliki Trnovac, Bujanovac, Serbia) is a Kosovan politician. He was elected as the speaker of Assembly of Kosovo in 2001 as a member of President Ibrahim Rugova's Democratic League of Kosovo (LDK). In 2006, he was ousted from the speakership due to infighting within the LDK He is a member of the Assembly of Kosovo and the leader of the Democratic League of Dardania, which he founded following his unsuccessful bid to become leader of the Democratic League of Kosovo.
|President of the Republic of Kosovo|
21 January 2006 – 11 February 2006
|Preceded by||Ibrahim Rugova|
|Succeeded by||Fatmir Sejdiu|
|Chairman of the Assembly|
10 December 2001 – 10 March 2006
|Preceded by||Hans Hækkerup (acting)|
|Succeeded by||Kolë Berisha|
|Born||26 June 1944|
Veliki Trnovac, FS Serbia, DF Yugoslavia
|Political party||LDK (1989–2006, 2015–present)|
|Alma mater||University of Bradford (UK)|
University of Zagreb
Acting President of KosovoEdit
- 1962-1966: University of Belgrade, Chemistry Section, Diploma in chemistry;
- 1966-1968: University of Belgrade, Master studies, Master of Science;
- 1969-1973: University of Zagreb, studies for doctorate, PhD in chemistry;
- 1971: School of English Language, Folkestone, United Kingdom;
- 1972: After Master Studies, Liège, Belgium;
- 1973: Hydro project, Brno, Czechoslovakia;
- 1974-1975: University of Bradford, United Kingdom, after PhD Studies.
He is an academic and is a member of the Academy of Science and Arts of Kosovo.
Activities and functions held, present and pastEdit
- 1985: American Chemical Society- Regular Member;
- 1987: European Academy for Environment, Tybigen, Germany – Regular Member;
- 1994: Academy of Sciences and Arts of Kosovo (ASAK) – Regular Member;
- Participation in Congresses, Conferences, Symposia in the US, the UK, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Albania, Kosovo.
- School Textbooks for primary and secondary school, and University – 10 in total;
- Scientific projects – 120 in total.
- 1970-1972: Manager of the Chemistry Section in the University of Pristina;
- 1970: Professor in the University of Pristina, Faculty of Chemistry;
- 1992—2001: Member of Parliament of the Republic of Kosovo;
- 1992–present: Member of the General Council of the Democratic League of Kosovo, since its inception;
- 1994—1998: General Secretary of the Academy of Sciences and Arts of Kosovo (ASAK);
- 1998—2002: President of the Academy of Sciences and Arts of Kosovo (ASAK);
- 2001 - 2006: Speaker of the Assembly of Kosovo
- "Dorëzohet Nexhat Daci, LDD-në e shkrinë në LDK (Video)". Telegrafi. www.telegrafi.com.
- Albanian spelling: Nexhat Daci. Serbian spelling: Неџад Даци, Nedžad Daci.
- "Kosovo launches historic parliament". BBC News. 2001-12-10. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- "Kosovo prime minister steps down". BBC News. 2006-03-01. Retrieved 2011-01-21.