New York Film Critics Circle
The New York Film Critics Circle (NYFCC) is an American film critic organization founded in 1935 by Wanda Hale from the New York Daily News. Its membership includes over 30 film critics from New York-based daily and weekly newspapers, magazines, online publications. In December of each year, the organization meets to vote on the New York Film Critics Circle Awards, given annually to honor excellence in cinema worldwide of the calendar year. The NYFCC also gives special stand-alone awards to individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to the art of cinema, including writers, directors, producers, film critics, film restorers, historians and service organizations. The NYFCC Awards are the oldest given by film critics in the country, and one of the most prestigious.
Note: Dates listed are those of when the awards were actually given. Announcement dates are earlier.
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Animated Film
- Best Cinematography
- Best Director
- Best Film
- Best First Film
- Best Foreign Language Film
- Best Non-Fiction Film
- Best Screenplay
- Best Supporting Actor
- Best Supporting Actress
- New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Documentary Film
- New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best New Director
- "About - New York Film Critics Circle". New York Film Critics Circle. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- "Print Outlets Shrink But NY Film Critics Circle Adds Six To Roster". Deadline. October 16, 2015. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- "'Boyhood' Takes Home Best Film at 2014 New York Film Critics Circle Awards". Indiewire. December 1, 2014. Retrieved November 19, 2015.
- "A Movie You Probably Never Heard of Won Two Huge Prizes from the New York Film Critics Circle". Vanity Fair. December 1, 2014. Retrieved November 19, 2015.
- "The Official Academy Awards Database". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original on February 8, 2009. Retrieved November 19, 2015.
- "New York Film Critics Circle Awards". New York Film Critics Circle. Retrieved November 19, 2015.