Neha Rajpal (née Chandna) (born 23 June 1978) is a producer, singer and anchor in the Indian music industry, Hindi films, and especially the Marathi regional music industry. She has also performed in various other Indian languages including Bengali, Kannada, Telugu, Sindhi, Gujarati and Chhattisgarhi. Neha spells her name as 'Nehha'. Neha has produced her maiden Marathi film PhotoCopy under the banner "Neha Rajpal Productions" in association with Viacom18. The film written by national award winner Vijay Maurya and Yogesh Vinayak Joshi released in 2016. It's music was highly appreciated & it went on to win the best music album of the year (Listeners Choice) against blockbuster like Sairat.
|Birth name||Neha Chandna|
|Born||23 June 1978|
|Origin||Dombivli, Maharashtra, Maharashtra, India|
|Genres||Ghazal, Filmi, Hindustani classical music|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Producer, Composer|
She was born on 23 June 1978 in Dombivli, Maharashtra, India, and did her schooling in Model English School, Pandurangwadi and went on to become a medical professional. She is an MBBS doctor by qualification.
She was trained in light music by music director Anil Mohile.
- Her first playback song was 'Din Din Diwali' from Marathi Film 'Manus' under the music direction of Mr. Anil Mohile.
- Her major Hindi film song was 'Ek Baicheni' from Nayee Padosan of Shankar–Ehsaan–Loy.
- Her single 'Bekarar' in Hindi was penned by her husband Akash Rajpal who is a writer in the Indian film industry and a healthcare professional. The song had been released digitally by Strawberry Records India.
- Her famous songs include:
- Mann He Bavare a single made by her own production house "Neha Rajpal Productions"
- 'Fulnara Mausam from Mukkam Post London'
- Tu Manat from Fakt Ladha Manha
- Oth Olavle from Shubh Mangal Savadhan
- De-Dhakka from De-Dhakka
- Maharashtra Geet from Mee Shivaji Raaje Boltoe'
- Madaalasa me tujhi menaka from Satya Savitree Satyawan http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/15019248.cms
- Khamoshiyan TV Serial Title Track on Star Plus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TWevual3Bw
- Anubhuti concert http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-7408734,prtpage-1.cms
- Ganesh Dudu Dudu dhavat ye (Mangal Murti Ashtavinayak Album on T-series) http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-6521202,prtpage-1.cms
- Madalasa (Satya Savitri Satyavan film) http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/15019248.cms
- Film Nati http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/rssarticleshow/29866967.cms?prtpage=1
- Mann he bavare Featured in Gaane Manatale section of Maharashtra Times http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/rssarticleshow/33787940.cms?prtpage=1
- Film Campus Katta http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/rssarticleshow/32793190.cms?prtpage=1
- Dhinchyack Bollywood songs in Marathi on Tseries http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/cine-news/Bollywood-songs-translated-in-marathi/articleshow/26536231.cms
- Navara Majha Bhavara film song http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/rssarticleshow/msid-18035445,prtpage-1.cms
- Khamoshiyaan title track http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/rssarticleshow/msid-17593552,prtpage-1.cms
- Collegechya kattyawar http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/5328369.cms
- Pune via Bihar http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/movie-masti/moviearticleshow/29912817.cms
- Arre Awaz konacha film http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/movie-masti/moviearticleshow/23006995.cms
- Me Shivaji Raje bhosale bolatoy http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/rssarticleshow/4357306.cms
- Balak Palak http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/17481144.cms
- Diwali pahat prog with Anil Mohile n Pandit Hridaynath Mangeshkar http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/6868125.cms
- Ek hazarachi note http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/marathi/music/Ek-Hazarachi-Note/articleshow/34830477.cms?
- Tujhi majhi lovestory http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/marathi/music/Shruti-attends-a-song-recording/articleshow/34205344.cms?
- Bhatukali http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/marathi/music/Bhatukali/articleshow/36441096.cms?
- Vatsalya http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/marathi/music/Vatsalya/articleshow/34688411.cms?
- Time please http://photogallery.indiatimes.com/events/mumbai/time-please-first-look/articleshow/20518955.cms
- She has sung a song 'Ek Bechainee'in Shankar Ehsaan Loy's Hindi Film Nayee Padosan.
- Nehha performed live at the Ashwamedh Marathi Fusion Concert where she sang yesteryear Marathi melodies on modern fusion arrangements created by noted Indian classical instrumentalist Abhijit Pohankar
- Nehha performed during the Diwali Pahat along with other sinor industry colleagues like Padmaja Fenade and other. The event was performed live in front of eminent personalities like the Mayor of Mumbai and political leaders. The event was conducted by Music Director Anil Mohile.
- Neha has sung various songs in the Marathi Ganpati Albums 'Ganesha dudu dudu dhavat ye (गणेशा दुडू दुडू धावत ये) and Mangalmurtir Ashtavinayak (मंगलमूतीर् अष्टविनायक)
- Various songs of Nehha can be heard on a music aggregation site
- Various live musical performances of Nehha can be viewed on video aggregation sites
- She launched her maiden production venture "Neha Rajpal Productions" through a song titled "Mann He Bavare", a Marathi Single with its video on 14 February 2014. The song launched on 9x Jhakaas and Radio City (Indian radio station) on the same day.
- Her "Neha Rajpal Productions" has produced the popular poetry section called "Jhakaas Kavita" on 9x Jhakaas
Awards and TrophiesEdit
- Neha's route to fame was winning the prestigious Hindi Zee TV reality Music show – Saregamapa in 2004.
- Neha has won several awards including the prestigious Zee Gaurav Puraskar for best Female Playback Singing in year 2008 for her song "Fulnara Mausam" from film "Mukkam post London".
Judge / Anchor / HostEdit
- Nehha is a longest-serving anchor of a popular Marathi TV show on the Doordarshan Sahyadri channel, hosting the popular musical game show 'Antakshari'. She has had different co- anchors over a period of time including the veteran Prashant Damle, and comedian Atul Parchure.
- She judged the first season of "Gaurav Maharashtracha" of saibaba telefilms for ETV Marathi along with Swapnil Bandodkar and Abhijit Pohankar.
- She was given the opportunity to inaugurate the Maharashtra Times Carnival along with a well known celebrity Mr Abhishek Bachchan
- She has inaugurated the release of a music compilation 'Nile Akash' of poet Shankar Pandit
- Marathi Abhimaangeet
- Nehha was part of the historic Marathi song (created by Eminent Music director Kaushal Inamdar) where more than 450 accomplished singers come together to single song to make this song a collage of melodious voices.
- Nehha was given the opportunity to inaugurate the prestigious Marathi Vishwakosh (Third Edition) (Marathi language encyclopaedia) along with prominent dignitaries like Former Mumbai University Vice-Chancellor Dr. Snehalata Deshmukh and others
- Nehha was featured in a leading newspaper among prominent playback singers of Marathi Music Industry. The article speaks about the changing trends in Marathi music and how the singers like Nehha have shaped it with experimentation
- Nehha got the honour of composing a song "माझी मराठी मराठी... तिचे कौतुक कौतुक" written for the Marathi Encyclopedia Project of Government of India.
- Nehha got the honour of being a guest editor of Lokmat news papers on occasion of women's day on 8 March 2013 .
- Release of Third khand of Vishwakosh http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/17366562.cms?prtpage=1
- MaharashtraTimes celebrity female cricket http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.com/tv/cricket/articleshow/27433661.cms
Neha Rajpal has produced the movie Photocopy under her banner "Neha Rajpal Productions" which got released in partnership with Viacom18.
- Nehha participated in the World AIDS Day Rally organised by Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital at Powai, Mumbai to spread awareness on HIV and AIDS. She performed live at the event along with Indian Idol Winner Abhijeet Sawant and 2005 Saregama finalists
- Nehha is a Director in a Social Enterprise organisation called "Ekohealth"
- Nehha Rajpal has also sung famous serial's title song Yeh Aap Beeti hai of Aap Beeti Serial.
- Chitra padarpan Puraskar 2016 - Best Lyricist (Photocopy)
- Chitra padarpan Puraskar 2016 - Best Music Composer(Photocopy)
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 January 2015. Retrieved 5 January 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "संगीताच्या जादूने मोहरणार ठाणेकर-ठाणे + कोकण-महाराष्ट्र-". Maharashtra Times. 2 February 2011. Retrieved 10 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "दादर स्विमिंग पूलवर दिवाळी पहाट-मुंबई -महाराष्ट्र-". Maharashtra Times. 21 October 2011. Retrieved 10 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "गणेशभक्तीची सुरेल भेट-चित्र-संगीत-मैफल-". Maharashtra Times. 9 September 2010. Retrieved 10 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "ek shubhankar geet,nehha,nilesh,madhri,mangesh,Dr Vijaya Wad by Nehha Rajpal". Reverbnation.com. Retrieved 10 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- musicandsoul. "Kanaal van musicandsoul". YouTube. Retrieved 10 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "मन हे बावरे..." Maharashtra Times. 14 February 2014.
- Neha RajpalProductions. "Jhakaas Kavita". YouTube.
- . Rediff.com http://mypage.rediff.com/comments/rediff.com:6578363?n=5. Retrieved 10 February 2012. Missing or empty
|title=(help)CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Neha Rajpal | Singers Biography". Planetradiocity.com. Retrieved 10 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "कल्लावेरी बी-कॉलेज क्लब -यंग झोन-". Maharashtra Times. 13 December 2011. Retrieved 10 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "'निळे आकाश'चे प्रकाशन-ठाणे + कोकण-महाराष्ट्र-". Maharashtra Times. 17 February 2010. Retrieved 10 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "विश्वकोशाचा तिसरा खंड प्रकाशित-मुंबई -महाराष्ट्र-". Maharashtra Times. 9 January 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "आवाज दे कहां है-सिनेमॅजिक -मैफल-". Maharashtra Times. 9 April 2011. Retrieved 10 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "विश्वकोशाच्या प्रमोशनसाठी आता स्वरसाज-". Maharashtra Times. 9 March 2012. Retrieved 24 March 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Lokmat Women's Day Special". Lokmat.com. 8 March 2013.
- Pramodpics (5 December 2005). "प्रमोदच्या न्यूज़ जगतात आपले स्वागत आहे: AIDS Getting 'Awareness Aid' From Your Family Hospital". Pracha2004.blogspot.in. Retrieved 10 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- CNBC Interview of Dr Nehha Rajpal with Dr Naresh Trehan : http://www.moneycontrol.com/video/features/naresh-trehan-how-to-make-affordable-healthcarereality_736904.html