This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Town (Vidhan Sabha)|
|Founded by||Syed Molana fakruddin Abidi and Syed Molana Jalaluddin Abidi|
|• Type||Elected member|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||UP 23|
As of 2001[update] India census, Nowgawan Sadat had a population of 27,075. Males constituted 52% of the population and females 48%. Nowgawan Sadat has an average literacy rate of 84%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 91%, and female literacy is 51%. Children under six are 18% of the population. Nowgawan Sadat is dominated by Yadavs and Muslims. The constituency has 2.76 lakh voters, of which 95,000 are Muslims, 36,000 Yadavs and 25,000 SC. The constituency has an equal number of fragmented Jat, Gurjar and Chauhan votes.
Farming, specifically mango cultivation, and weaving are the primary industries in the area. Many residents and families have migrated to other parts of India and to other countries in search of work.
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "NOWGAWAN SADAT". nugawan.blogspot.co.uk.
- Mushkilkushanetwork (2014-11-16), Majlis 11 Moharram 2014 By Maulana Syed Ghazanfar Ali Rizvi Saheb, retrieved 2018-04-16
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Broken caste votes: bigger BJP pie". Archived from the original on 27 November 2013. Retrieved 24 June 2013.