Nature Communications is a peer-reviewed open access scientific journal published by the Nature Publishing Group since 2010. It covers the natural sciences, including physics, chemistry, Earth sciences, and biology.
|Edited by||Elisa De Ranieri|
|Frequency||continuous, upon acceptance|
|License||Creative Commons licenses|
Starting October 2014, the journal only accepted submissions from authors willing to pay an article processing charge.
Until the end of 2015, part of the published submissions were only available to subscribers. In January 2016, all content became freely accessible to the public.
Abstracting and indexingEdit
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Science Citation Index
- Current Contents/Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Current Contents/Life Sciences
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
- The Zoological Record
- BIOSIS Previews
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
In 2017, Nature Publishing Group announced the creation of three "subjournals" under the Communications brand: Communications Biology, Communications Chemistry and Communications Physics. These open-access journals offer a lower publication fee than Nature Communications, reflecting their more specialist remits. To be accepted, manuscripts should represent significant advances bringing new insights to a specialized area of research. Manuscripts rejected by Nature Publishing Group journals can choose to transfer the manuscript together with reviewers' reports to the three Communications-branded journals via NPG's automated transfer service. Alternatively, authors may choose to request a fresh review.
- Announcing Nature Communications - a multidisciplinary, online-only journal with an open-access option, Press release from Nature Publishing Group.
- "About the editors". Nature Communications. Nature Publishing Group. Archived from the original on 10 June 2015. Retrieved 28 April 2019.
- "About the editors". Nature Communications. Nature Publishing Group. Retrieved 28 April 2019.
- "Open Access". Nature Communications. Nature Publishing Group. Archived from the original on 19 October 2009. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Archived from the original on 11 February 2010. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Nature Communications". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Content overview". Scopus. Elsevier. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Nature Communications". Directory of Open Access Journals. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- "Nature Communications". 2016 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2017.
- "Communications Biology". Macmillan Publishers – Springer Nature. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- "Communications Chemistry". Macmillan Publishers – Springer Nature. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- "Communications Physics". Macmillan Publishers – Springer Nature. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- "Nature Research open access journals". Macmillan Publishers – Springer Nature. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- "How to transfer manuscripts : authors & referees @ npg". www.nature.com. Retrieved 11 February 2018.