The Myrhorod Regiment (Ukrainian: Миргородський полк, romanized: Myrhorods’kyi polk) was one of the 10 territorial-administrative subdivisions of the Cossack Hetmanate. The regiment's capital was the city of Myrhorod, now in Poltava Oblast of central Ukraine.
Coat of Arms
|Active||1625 - 1782|
The Myrhorod Regiment was founded in 1648. In 1649 the territory of Lubny Regiment was annexed to the Myrhorod Regiment. At that time the Regiment consisted of 16 sotnias. In 1658 part of the Regiment became recreated Lubny Regiment. In 1672 a few sotnias from the Chyhyryn Regiment were added to the regiments numbers.
During the 1774–1775 years, 4 sotnias from the regiment were added to Novorossiysk governorate.
During 1774—1775 the Regiment consisted of the following sotnias:
- Bila Tserkva
- Myrhorod (2)
- Matvii Hladkyi (1649—1652)
- Hryhorii Lisnytskyi (1653—1654, 1657—1658, 1660)
- Pavlo Apostol (1659, 1671, 1672—1683)
- Demian Apostol (1664—1666)
- Hryhorii Apostol (1666—1668)
- Hryhorii Hladkyi (1669—1670)
- Mykhailo Kyiashko (1670—1671)
- Danylo Apostol (1683—1727)
- Pavlo Apostol (1727—1736)
- Vasyl Kapnist (1737—1750)