This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cover of the first manga volume
(Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san)
|Written by||Keiji Najima|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Magazine|
|Original run||2009 – 2014|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Tatsuya Yoshihara|
|Written by||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu|
|Original network||BS11, MBS, Tokyo MX, TV Aichi, TVQ, TVK|
|Original run||April 6, 2013 – June 29, 2013|
Takurō Mukōjima is an angler boy. He lands a ningyo (Japanese mermaid) by the name of Muromi-san and develops rapport with both her and her friends. The series title in English is "Muromi-San and the Legendary Beasts". Muromi physically appears as a 16-year-old, however in reality, she is an ancient legendary creature. Muromi and her sisters are both guardians of the Earth and much older than they appear. 'Takkun', as Muromi calls him, is a high school student who doesn't have a lot of motivation or care for all the attention Muromi grants him, yet, he still ends up getting involved in Muromi's adventures. There are a number of legendary monsters 'Takkun' meets and almost gets eaten by as their adventures pan out.
- Muromi-san (むろみさん)
- Voiced by: Yukari Tamura
- A cheerful mermaid who speaks Hakata dialect. She often goes ashore and enjoys human culture. Somehow she feels kindly toward Takurō.
- Takurō Mukōjima (向島 拓朗 Mukōjima Takurō)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Mizushima
- A high school student who likes fishing. He has a cool head and doesn't panic even when he faced strange creatures. He is called Takkun by Muromi.
- Hii-chan (ひぃちゃん)
- Voiced by: Ai Nonaka
- An innocent mermaid who also speaks Hakata dialect. She calls Muromi "sis (おねえたん onee-tan)." Loves animals, and is good friends especially with dolphins.
- Sumida-san (隅田さん)
- Voiced by: Sumire Uesaka
- Muromi's drinking companion mermaid with a ponytail. She is often unlucky in love and drinks in desperation.
- Levia-san (リヴァイアさん Rivaia-san)
- Voiced by: Mai Nakahara
- Muromi's senpai mermaid who speaks Kokura dialect. She was once a fierce monster, but was reformed by Muromi and is generous now.
- Fuji-san (富士さん)
- Voiced by: Hitomi Harada
- A high-handed mermaid who has huge breasts. Later, she awakes to love for Muromi, although Muromi doesn't feel the same way, and later becomes a masochist.
- Yeti (イエティ Ieti)
- Voiced by: Chiwa Saito
- A cryptid in Himalayas. Unlike the general reputation, it is cute, quiet and diligent. It is shy, but is friends with Muromi. It hates being pulled by its ears.
- Harpy (ハーピー hāpī)
- Voiced by: Kanako Sakai
- A childish, forgetful bird-girl who lives with and takes on Yeti and often pounces on mermaids. She also has a really short memory, forgetting everything important after walking three steps.
- Otohime (乙姫 Otohime)
- Voiced by: Saki Fujita
- An owner of the Ryūgū-jō, a legendary undersea palace. However, the Ryugu-jo went bankrupt and she is reduced to a part-time worker in human world now.
- Kawabata (川端 Kawabata)
- Voiced by: Kenji Hamada
- A Kappa friend of Muromi. Like other kappa, he is skilled in medicine and raising cucumbers. He dislikes humans because they killed his older brother (his mummy is the one in the Zuiryū-ji temple in Osaka) but takes a liking to Takurō.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2013)
The opening theme song is "Nanatsu no Umi yori Kimi no Umi" (七つの海よりキミの海) by Sumire Uesaka.
|#||Title||Original air date|
|1||"Muromi-san on the Brink"|
"Setogiwa no Muromi-san" (瀬戸際のむろみさん)
|April 6, 2013|
|Takuro Mukojima is outside fishing when he reels up a girl who introduces herself as Muromi-san, a mermaid.|
|2||"Muromi-san and the Legendary Sea Creatures"|
"Densetsu no Kaijū to Muromi-san" (伝説の海獣とむろみさん)
|April 13, 2013|
|Muromi-san gives Takuro her cellphone number and is upset when he doesn't send any messages despite her sending him hundreds. Later, Takuro fishes up another mermaid who introduces herself as Levia-san (Leviathan), a giant sea monster from the Old Testament.|
|3||"Muromi-san and Old Memories"|
"Sekinen no Omoi to Muromi-san" (積年の想いとむろみさん)
|April 20, 2013|
|Levia-san, Hii-chan, and Sumida-san try to get Muromi-san to get over her hatred of marine mammals. She hates them because she had a boyfriend in the Mesozoic era who had developed lungs, but decided to stay in the ocean anyway. She thinks whales and dolphins are his descendants. Levia-san tells Muromi-san that the toothed whales returned to sea after having evolved into complete land mammals, which means her ex-boyfriend either evolved into something else or became extinct.|
|4||"Muromi-san and the Food Chain"|
"Shokumotsurensa to Muromi-san" (食物連鎖とむろみさん)
|April 27, 2013|
|5||"Muromi-san and Twin Mountain"|
"Tsuin Maunten to Muromi-san" (ツインマウンテンとむろみさん)
|May 4, 2013|
|6||"Muromi-san and Ryuuguujou"|
"Ryūgūjō to Muromi-san" (竜宮城とむろみさん)
|May 11, 2013|
|7||"The Boy, Kappa, and Muromi-san"|
"Shōnen to Kappa to Muromi-san" (少年と河童とむろみさん)
|May 18, 2013|
|8||"Muromi-san and the Nice(?) Type"|
"Iyashikei(?) to Muromi-san" (癒し系(?)とむろみさん)
|May 25, 2013|
|9||"Muromi-san and the Secret Advanced Civilization"|
"Himitsu no Chō Bunmei to Muromi-san" (ひみつの超文明とむろみさん)
|June 1, 2013|
"Wārudo Waido no Muromi-san" (ワールドワイドのむろみさん)
|June 8, 2013|
|11||"Muromi-san and the Chill"|
"Tsun to Muromi-san" (ツンとむろみさん)
|June 15, 2013|
|12||"Muromi-san and Different Forms of Love"|
"Iron'na Ai no Katachi to Muromi-san" (色んな愛の形とむろみさん)
|June 22, 2013|
|13||"The Years Go By Muromi-san"|
"Yukutoshi Kurutoshi no Muromi-san" (行く年来る年のむろみさん)
|June 29, 2013|
|Muromi-san and her friends celebrates the new year.|