Municipalities of Honduras
Honduras is administratively divided into 18 departments which are subdivided into 298 municipalities. Municipalities are the only administrative division in Honduras that possess local government. Each municipality has its own elected mayor as opposed to the appointed governors of departments. For statistical purposes, the municipalities are further subdivided into 3731 aldeas, and those into 27969 caserios. At the lowest level, some caserios are subdivided into 3336 barrios or colonias.
List of municipalitiesEdit
National Capital and Departmental Capital
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-06-09. Retrieved 2007-06-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "10. Poblacion por sexo y viviendas particulares por estado de ocupación" (XLSX). Ine.gob.hn. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Index of /images/Productos ine/censo/Censo 2013/298 Municipios" (PDF). Ine.gob.hn. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Geo Postal Codes database (Intibucá)". Mapanet. Madrid, España: Divex Turismo, S.L. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Cuadro de Códigos de Departamentos y Municipios de Honduras" [Table of Honduran Department and Municipality Codes] (PDF). Registro Nacional de las Personas Honduras (RPN) (in Spanish). Tegucigalpa, Honduras. Retrieved 11 January 2018.