Mukesh Chhabra (born 27 May 1980) is a Mumbai-based Indian film director, casting director, acting workshop director, and actor who has cast several actors for movies including director Vikas Bahl's Chillar Party, Anurag Kashyap's Gangs of Wasseypur, Abhishek Kapoor's Kai Po Che and Nikhil Advani's D-Day. Mukesh has now started his new office at Delhi for all the aspiring actors from Delhi NCR and north region.
|Born||27 May 1980|
|Alma mater||University of Delhi|
|Occupation||Actor, casting director, acting workshop director|
Chhabra graduated from Delhi University with an acting diploma from the Shri Ram Centre for Performing Arts. He completed a six-year acting and teaching stint with the ‘Theatre in Education’ Company (TIE) affiliated with the National School of Drama in India.
Chhabra came to Mumbai in 1997 and worked as an Assistant Casting Director before setting up his own casting company. His first film as independent casting director was the small budget film Chintuji..
Subsequently, Chhabra did the casting for films of different genres like Kai Po Che, Shahid, Chennai Express, Jai Ho, Hasee To Phasee, Mastram and D-day Apart from films, he's also done casting for TVCs. In his career, Chhabra has employed several unconventional casting methods. For example, he spotted the budding actor Irfan Khan, who played the character 'Fatka' in the film Chillar Party, on the streets of Mumbai. Chhabra's democratic style of auditioning has previously invited nuisance value from potential actors.
Actor Rajkumar Rao was chosen to play one of the leads for the film Kai Po Che only on Chhabra's insistence. Rao's talent in the film won him critical acclaim and later Chhabra cast him in Shahid as the leading man.
|Teen The Bhai|
|Gangs of Wasseypur|
|Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana|
|Kai Po Che|
|That Day After Every Day|
|Hasee to Phasee|
Acting workshop directorEdit
|2012||Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana|
|2013||Kai Po Che|
|2006||Rang De Basanti||Manmath Nath|
|2011||Chillar Party||Panuti's Guest|
|2012||Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2||Nawab|
|Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana||Lovely|
|2013||Vakratunda Mahakaya||Man in the Bus|
|2016||I Don't Watch TV||Himself|
|Raman Raghav 2.0||Loan Shark|
|2018||Rajma Chawal||Anoop Ji|
- "My directorial debut a love story: Mukesh Chhabra". The Indian Express. 23 January 2016. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "Mukesh Chhabra's Casting Company comes to Delhi". Bollywoood Galiyara. 21 February 2020. Retrieved 21 February 2020.
- "Sushant Singh Rajput locked for The Fault In Our Stars remake". hindustantimes.com/. 6 October 2017. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "Mukesh Chhabra suspended as director of Kizzie Aur Manny amid sexual harassment allegations". 19 October 2018.
- "Theatre of Dreams - Indian Express". Archive.indianexpress.com. 23 August 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "'D-Day': It's gripping and has gravitas - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 19 July 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Meet casting director Mukesh Chhabra: The man behind films like Gangs of Wasseypur, Shahid, Highway | Times of India Blogs". Blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 9 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 September 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "When Raj Kumar Yadav faced rejection for Kai Po Che! - NDTV". Movies.ndtv.com. 3 March 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Film | Raj Kumar | Shahid". Time Out Mumbai. 9 October 2013. Archived from the original on 8 June 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Meet Aamir Khan's wrestler daughters". Mumbai Mirror.