Mosley Music Group
Mosley Music Group (MMG) is a record label founded and formed by producer Tim "Timbaland" Mosley. Founded in 2006, the imprint was formerly distributed exclusively by Interscope Geffen A&M until 2014 when Timbaland made a new joint venture with L.A. Reid at Epic Records which is under Sony Music Entertainment.
|Mosley Music Group|
|Parent company||Sony Music Entertainment|
(in the US)
Universal Music Group
|Country of origin||Virginia, United States|
The label was created after Timbaland's former label, Beat Club Records, folded. The first album release from MMG, Nelly Furtado's Loose, went on to be certified platinum. The label's second release was Timbaland's own second album Shock Value. MMG's third release was OneRepublic's debut album Dreaming Out Loud on November 20, 2007, from which the single "Apologize" hit #2 on the Billboard Hot 100. The week ending November 10, 2007, "Apologize" was the biggest radio airplay hit in the history of Top 40 radio in North America, racking up an astounding 10,331 spins beating the previous record held by Nelly Furtado's hit "Promiscuous". In February 2008 SoundScan data reported that "Apologize" was one of only two songs in history to sell 3 million digital downloads.
After nearly ten years with Interscope Records, Timbaland moved distribution to Epic Records in November 2014. The move to the new label was due to his involvement in the success of Michael Jackson's second posthumous album Xscape. Most of the artists signed to Mosley Music Group will have their future recordings handled by Epic with the exception of OneRepublic, who will remain at Interscope.
|Dreaming Out Loud||14||2||4||76||4||24||3||7||29|
|In a Perfect World...||4||22||—||—||23||13||16||28||49|
|Shock Value 2||36||25||—||73||35||16||36||15||56|
|No Boys Allowed||11||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|The Spirit Indestructible||79||46||—||—||—||18||—||3||36|
- "Timbaland/OneRepublic Shatter Top 40 Radio Airplay Record - re> LOS ANGELES, Nov. 12 /PRNewswire/". Prnewswire.com. 2007-11-10. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
-  Archived July 5, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Mitchell, Gail. "Timbaland's Mosley Music Group Is Joining Forces With L.A. Reid (Thanks to Michael Jackson)". billboard.com. Billboard. Retrieved 2014-11-11.
- User (2014-02-05). "Home". OneRepublic. Archived from the original on 2009-10-13. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- Reid, Shaheem (2009-09-16). "Timbaland's Shock Value 2 Inspired By 'Twilight'". MTV.com. Retrieved 2014-03-03.