Mortimer J. Buckley
Mortimer J. "Tim" Buckley (born 1969) is an American executive at The Vanguard Group. The Vanguard Board elected him unanimously to succeed F. William McNabb III as chief executive officer upon McNabb's retirement at the end of December 2017.
Mortimer J. Buckley
Mortimer Joseph Buckley
|Other names||Tim Buckley|
|Education||1987, Belmont Hill School|
A.B., 1991, Harvard College
M.B.A., 1996, Harvard Business School
|Employer||The Vanguard Group|
|Title||President and Chief executive officer of Vanguard|
|Predecessor||George U. “Gus” Sauter|
|Board member of||Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Chairman of Board of Trustees, 2011-2017|
Early life and educationEdit
Buckley attended secondary school at the Belmont Hill School in Belmont, MA. He later earned an Artium Baccalaureus degree in economics in 1991 at Harvard College and a Master of Business Administration degree in 1996 at Harvard Business School.
In 1991 Buckley joined Vanguard as an assistant to company founder John C. Bogle. From 2001 to 2006 Buckley was Chief Information Officer, and from 2006 to 2012 he was head of the Retail Investor Group. He became Chief Investment Officer upon the retirement of Gus Sauter in 2013.
In 2017, Vanguard's Board of Directors unanimously elected Buckley to succeed F. William McNabb III as chief executive officer, effective January 2018.
- "About our speakers". wcc.on24.com. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "Vanguard CEO F. William McNabb To Step Down". news.morningstar.com. 2017-07-13. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
- "Mortimer John Buckley". Harvard Gazette. 2008-10-30. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
- "Carved Panel Archive". www.belmonthill.org. Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- "Vanguard's management and directors". about.vanguard.com. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
- "Tim Buckley" (PDF). www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2017-07-13.
- "Vanguard CIO Tim Buckley, at a glance". sandiegouniontribune.com. 2013-04-04. Retrieved 2017-07-14.