Monica Bedi (born 18 January 1975) is an Indian actress and television presenter. She debuted in Hindi films in the mid-1990s and her notable work includes Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat and Jodi No.1 (both 2001). She is well known after participating in Bigg Boss 2 and also for playing Gumaan Kaur Vyas in Star Plus' Saraswatichandra from 2013 to 2014.
|Born||18 January 1975|
|Partner(s)||Abu Salem 1999?-2010?|
Early and personal lifeEdit
Bedi is a Punjabi and was born to Prem Kumar Bedi and Shakuntala Bedi in the village Chabbewal, Hoshiarpur district, Punjab. Her parents moved to Drammen, Norway in 1979. At the end of her under-graduation in India, she attended Oxford University, United Kingdom for reading literature; simultaneously, her acting education was completed at Delhi University in 1995.
In September 2002, Bedi and Abu Salem were arrested and later served prison sentences in Portugal for entering the country on forged documents. In 2006, an Indian Court convicted Bedi for procuring a passport on a fictitious name. In November 2010, the Supreme Court of India upheld her conviction but reduced the prison sentence to the period that she had already served.
She sang the chants "EkOnkar" for a spiritual music album on Universal Music.
Bedi acted in the Punjabi movie Sirphire (2012), directed by Harjit Singh Ricky.
In 2013, Bedi played a negative role of Ghumman in Star Plus' show Saraswatichandra.
|1994||Main Tera Aashiq||Hindi|
|1995||Taj Mahal||Telugu||Muppalaneni Shiva|
|1995||Aashique Mastane||Hindi||Ajay Kashyap|
|1996||Soggadi Pellam||Telugu||Tulasi||Muthyala Subbaiah|
|1996||Subash||Tamil||Anitha||R. V. Udayakumar|
|1997||Ek Phool Teen Kante||Hindi||Anup Malik|
|1997||Jeeyo Shaan Se||Hindi||Talat Jani|
|1997||Tirchhi Topiwale||Hindi||Sanam Oberoi||Nandeem Khan|
|1997||Circus Sattipandu||Telugu||C H Srinivas|
|1998||Jabab Dihi||Bengali||Bangladeshi & West Bengal joint production|
|1998||Charidike Santrash||Bengali, Bangladeshi Movie||Amin Khan|
|1998||Sivayya||Telugu||Inspector Roja||Suresh Varma|
|1999||Sikander Sadak Ka||Hindi||T L V Prasad|
|1999||Jaanam Samjha Karo||Hindi||Monica|
|1999||Kaala Samrajya||Hindi||Monica K. Singh|
|2001||Jodi No.1||Hindi||Rinky||David Dhawan|
|2001||Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat||Hindi||Maya Dhillon||Rajiv Rai|
|2011||Devadasiyin Kathai||Tamil||Swathi Varma, Mukesh Rishi||Renuka|
|2012||Hridoye Lekho Naam||Bengali|
|2012||Sirphire||Punjabi||Simran||Harjit Singh Ricky|
|2014||Romeo Ranjha||Punjabi||Reet Kaur||Navaniat Singh|
|2017||Bandookan||Punjabi||Balwinder||Daljit Singh Baath|
|2008||Bigg Boss 2||Herself|
|2009||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3||Herself|
|2010||Dil Jeetegi Desi Girl 1||Herself|
|2013–14||Saraswatichandra||Guman Laxminandan Vyas|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Monica Bedi.|
- "The tale of Monica Bedi". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 16 July 2013. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "जेलर पर लगा था इस एक्ट्रेस के बाथरूम में कैमरे लगाने के आरोप, अंडरवर्ल्ड डॉन से भी जुड़ा नाम". Rajasthan Patrika (in Hindi). 19 January 2020. Retrieved 15 January 2021.
- Bedi, Aneesha (3 July 2015). "I am happy for him, says Abu Salem's ex-partner Monica Bedi on his impending marriage". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 1 January 2021.
- Kumar, Vinay (29 November 2003). "Abu Salem, Monica Bedi sentenced to jail in Portugal". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 7 December 2003. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "Monica Bedi writes pardon letter to PM". The Times of India. Press Trust of India. 7 November 2004. Archived from the original on 3 January 2013. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "The tale of Monica Bedi". The Times of India. 10 August 2005. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Monica Bedi lives tough life in jail". CNN-IBN. 1 October 2005. Archived from the original on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "Top 10 Celebrities and Their Run-ins With the Law". The New Indian Express. 25 February 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Fake Passport Case: SC Upholds Bedi's Conviction". Outlook. 9 November 2010. Archived from the original on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "Supreme Court upholds Monica Bedi's conviction in fake passport case". Daily News and Analysis. 9 November 2010. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Monica Bedi makes Telugu producers wary". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 11 April 2013. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- IANS (6 September 2008). "Monica Bedi bids adieu to Bigg Boss". Sify. Archived from the original on 22 October 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "Monica Bedi turns singer!". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 11 April 2013. Retrieved 13 February 2013.