Mohammad Mithun Ali (born February 13, 1991) is a cricketer from Bangladesh. He made his debut for Sylhet Division in 2006/07. A wicket keeper by trade, he also scored 26 against Dhaka Division. He plays for Rangpur Riders in the Bangladesh Premier League. He made his Test cricket debut for the Bangladesh cricket team in November 2018.
|Full name||Mohammad Mithun Ali|
|Born||13 February 1991|
Kushtia, Khulna, Bangladesh
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Bowling||Right-arm medium fast|
|Role||Batsman, occasional wicketkeeper|
|Test debut (cap 91)||11 November 2018 v Zimbabwe|
|Last Test||8 March 2019 v New Zealand|
|ODI debut (cap 111)||17 June 2014 v India|
|Last ODI||31 July 2019 v Sri Lanka|
|T20I debut (cap 41)||12 February 2014 v Sri Lanka|
|Last T20I||18 February 2018 v Sri Lanka|
|Domestic team information|
|2013||Khulna Royal Bengals|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 31 July 2019
Mithun made his first-class debut playing for Sylhet Division in November 2006. He enjoyed a good limited-overs season in 2008/09 when he topped the run charts for his team with 285 runs at an imposing strike rate of 105. He plays for Barisal Burners in the Bangladesh Premier League.
His hard-hitting approach earned him a selection for the T20 World Cup in England. Mithun was named as replacement of captain Mushfiqur Rahim in the two-match Twenty20 series against Sri Lanka in February 2014 as the wicketkeeper as captain has not yet been named in squad. Mithun had been in Bangladesh cricket team's World T20 squad in 2009, making this his second inclusion in the senior team. He was then called up to the ODI squad for the three-match series against India in June and made his ODI debut and scored 26 runs.
In October 2018, he was named in Bangladesh's Test squad for their series against Zimbabwe. He made his debut for Bangladesh against Zimbabwe on 11 November 2018. He became the most experienced first-class cricketer from Bangladesh to make his Test debut, with 88 matches.
Cricket World Cup 2019Edit
- "Mohammad Mithun". cricbuzz. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Full players list of the teams following Players Draft of BPL T20 2018-19". Bangladesh Cricket Board. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Bangladesh hand Nazmul, Mithun maiden Test call-ups". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "2nd Test, Zimbabwe tour of Bangladesh at Dhaka, Nov 11-15 2018". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 11 November 2018.
- "Zimbabwe's shot at rare away series win". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 11 November 2018.
- "Bangladesh pick ODI newbie Abu Jayed for World Cup". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "Shakib, Jayed, Hossain in Bangladesh squad for World Cup". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "BD Vs. SA ICC Cricket World Cup at London, Jun 2 2019".