Mirage Enterprises was an American film production company founded by director and producer Sydney Pollack in 1985.
Sydney Pollack was known for being a director and occasional actor. He began producing his own films in the 1970s, then started producing projects for other directors as well. He began his Mirage Enterprises production company in 1985, right before the release of Out of Africa. A pilot, Pollack named the studio after an airplane. He added director Anthony Minghella as partner in 2001.
By the time of Pollack's death in 2008, Time magazine noted he had become "a much more prolific producer, with the pictures he made through his Mirage company tending to be smaller in scale, more eccentric, more personal than his studio pictures had been and he enjoyed godfathering them."
- Young, John (May 26, 2008). "Sydney Pollack dies at 73". Variety. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Hayes, Dade (February 28, 2007). "Weinsteins keep sight of Mirage". Variety. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Deitch, Trish; Richard Brody (May 29, 2008). "Remembering Sydney Pollack". New Yorker. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Cieply, Michael (May 26, 2008). "Sydney Pollack, Film Director, Dies at 73". The New York Times. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Schickel, Richard (May 26, 2008). "Director Sydney Pollack Dies". Time. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
|This article about an American film distributor or production company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|