Minsk railway station
Minsk-Pasažyrski (Belarusian: Мінск-Пасажырскі, Russian: Минск-Пассажирский) is the main passenger railway station in Minsk, Belarus. It is located in the centre of Minsk. It is sometimes called Minsk Ploshchad Lenina due to the metro station serving the terminal, or simply Minsk.
|Belarusian Railway terminal|
View of the station from the street.
|Owned by||Belarusian Railway|
|Platforms||5 (4 island platforms)|
The station was built in 1873 as Vilenski vakzal, Vilnius station (Belarusian: Віленскі вакзал Russian: Виленский вокзал). The initial wooden building was demolished in 1890 and rebuilt in stone. During World War II, Minsk railway station was completely destroyed. It was rebuilt in 1945–1946 and served until 1991. The new building of Minsk-Passazhyrski railway station was built in 1991–2002. Its construction was delayed for financial difficulties. However, now Minsk has one of the most modern and up-to-date railway stations in the CIS. There are plans to move all suburban rail traffic from Minsk-Passazhyrski to smaller stations Minsk-Uskhodni (East), Minsk-Paudnyovy (South) and Minsk-Paunochny (North) by 2020.
Minsk Passazhirsky is the hub of national passenger transport. It is also served by several international trains to various countries of Europe, mainly to Russian and Ukrainian destinations. Some of the international routes are the Paris-Moscow express, the Berlin-Moscow Strizh, the Minsk-Novosibirsk express, and the Polonez Warsaw-Moscow.
Trains and destinationsEdit
The Stalinist architecture of two buildings at the Station Square, located in front of the terminal
Notes and referencesEdit
- Stations of Russia on paravoz.com
- Железнодорожные станции СССР. Справочник. – М.: Транспорт, 1981
- Timetable plan of Paris-Moscow train on the ржд website
- Timetable plan of "Berlin-Moscow" train on the ржд website
- Timetable plan of "Minsk-Novosibirsk" train on the ржд website
- Timetable plan of "Polonez" train on the ржд website
- "Map of Minsk suburban railways on www.parovoz.com" (in Russian). Archived from the original on 14 July 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Minsk-Passenger railway station.|
- Minsk railroad terminal – Pictures
- Pictures of a building from within
- Fototour: Minsk Railway station at night