Ministry of Research and Technology/National Research and Innovation Agency (Indonesia)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ministry of Research and Technology of the Republic of Indonesia is a government ministry that has the task of conducting affairs in the field of research, science and technology to assist the President of Indonesia in carrying out state. The ministry was formerly known as the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia.
|Kementerian Riset dan Teknologi/Badan Riset dan Inovasi Nasional|
|Formed||16 March 1962|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Indonesia|
|Headquarters||Gedung D Pintu Satu Senayan|
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman
Central Jakarta 10270
Founded in 1962 under the name National Research Affairs Ministry of the Republic of Indonesia, and in 1973 changed its name to the Ministry of Research. Year 1986-2001 as Minister of State for Research and Technology, and in 2002 according Circular Minister of State for Administrative Reform concerning Naming Government Agencies, Office of the Secretary of State referred to the Ministry of Research and Technology. In 2005 pursuant to Presidential Decree No. 9 In 2005, this institution called the Ministry of Research and Technology (KNRT) or as the State Ministry of Research and Technology. In 2009 pursuant to Presidential Decree 47 of 2009 referred to the Ministry of Research and Technology..
However in Onward Indonesia Cabinet, the ministry later reverted to its original form as Ministry of Research and Technology in pursuant of Presidential Decision No. 113/P/2019  and Presidential Decree No. 73/2019 , while Higher Education returned again to Ministry of Education and Culture (Indonesia) according to Presidential Decree No. 72/2019  In addition, this ministry also included a new agency, National Research and Innovation Agency, which established by Presidential Decree No. 74/2019 , resulting the minister also has role as the Head of National Research and Innovation Agency.
- Formulate and establish policies in the field of research and technology
- Coordinate and synchronize policies in the field of research and technology
- Manage of property/wealth of the country is the responsibility of the Ministry of Research and Technology
- Oversight of the implementation of the tasks of the Ministry of Research and Technology
In formulating the main directions and priorities of development of science and technology as well as the preparation of a strategic policy of national science and technology development, the Ministry of Research and Technology supported by the National Research Council (DRN).
- Minister of Research and Technology/Chief of the National Research and Innovation Agency
- Deputy Minister's Office
- Secretary General of State for Research and Technology/Chief Secretary of the National Research and Innovation Agency
- Director General of Innovation Development
- Director General of Scientific and Technological Development and Advancements
- Director General of Research, Scientific and Technological Institutions and Centers
- Director General of Science and Technological Resources
- Inspector General of Research and Technology
- Special Advisor for Research and Techonological Academics
- Special Advisor for R&T Productivity and Relevance to Society
- Special Advisor for Infastructures
Based on Presidential Decree No. 4 of 2003 on the co-ordination of formulation, Strategic Policy Development and Implementation of National Science and Technology, the Ministry of Research and Technology is operationally responsible for coordination with the following governmental non-ministerial agencies:
- Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI)
- National Institute of Aeronautics and Space (LAPAN)
- Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology (BPPT)
- National Nuclear Energy Agency (BATAN)
- Nuclear Energy Agency (BAPETEN)
- Coordination Agency for Surveys and Mapping (BAKOSURTANAL)
- National Standardization Agency (BSN)
Ministry of Research and Technology also co-ordinate, and manage institutions as follows:
- Research Center for Science and Technology (PUSPIPTEK) Serpong
- Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology or Eijkman (LBME)
- Science and Technology Demonstration Center (PUSPA Science and Technology)
- Agro Techno Park (ATP) Palembang
- Business Technology Center (BTC)
- Bio Island
List of MinistersEdit
|#||Minister||Took Office||Left Office||Cabinet|
|1||Soedjono Djoened Poesponegoro|
|4||B. J. Habibie|
|7||Muhammad A.S. Hikam|
|11||Gusti Muhammad Hatta|
- "Profile of Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education". Archived from the original on 14 March 2015.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20180726082905/http://international.ristekdikti.go.id/profile/. Archived from the original on 21 June 2019. Missing or empty
- "Presidential Decision No. 113/P/2019" (PDF). Retrieved 9 November 2019.
- "Presidential Decree No. 73/2019". Retrieved 9 November 2019.
- "Presidential Decree No. 72/2019". Retrieved 9 November 2019.
- "Presidential Decree No. 74/2019". Retrieved 9 November 2019.
- "About LIPI". Indonesian Institute of Science. Archived from the original on 27 May 2013.
- "Task and Function of National Institute of Aeronautics and Space".
- "Current Minister of f Research, Technology and Higher Education". Portal Indonesia.
- "Profil Menristek / BRIN". Kemenristek / BRIN.