Finance Minister of Nigeria
The Minister of Finance of Nigeria is a senior cabinet official in the Nigerian Federal Executive Council. The Finance Minister's directs the Nigerian Ministry of Finance and ensures that it operates in a transparent, accountable and efficient manner to bolster the country's economic development priorities. The Minister is assisted by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Finance, a career civil servant.
The current Nigerian Minister of Finance is Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed appointed on 14 September 2018 in Abuja - Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari accepted the resignation of his Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun.
Duties of minister
- Preparation of annual budgetary estimates of revenue and expenditure for the Federal Government.
- Determination of Federal Government fiscal policies.
- Mobilization of domestic and external financial resources for national development purposes.
- Management of foreign exchange reserves.
- Management of Federal Government revenue.
- Currency valuation.
- Regulation of the insurance industry
- Revenue allocation management.
Ministers of FinanceEdit
|Asumoh Ete Ekukinam||1976–1977|
|Kalu Idika Kalu||1985–1986|
|Kalu Idika Kalu||1993–1994|
|Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga||2010– June, 2011|
|Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala||July 2011–May 2015|
|Kemi Adeosun||11 November 2015– September 2018|
|Zainab Ahmed||September 2018 – present|