Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed
|Ag. Minister of Finance|
|Assumed office |
|Minister of State for Budget and National Planning|
|Born||16 June 1960|
|Political party||All Progressive Congress|
|Education||Ahmadu Bello University |
Olabisi Onabanjo University
Early life and educationEdit
Ahmed was born in Kaduna State. She had her secondary school education at Queen Amina College, Kaduna, and later proceeded to have her A'Level in Zaria. She got her first degree in Accounting from Ahmadu Bello University in 1981, after-which she proceeded to Olabisi Onabanjo University for her MBA.
Ahmed’s MBA was obtained in August 2004 from the Ogun State University, Ago Iwoye; while her BSc Accounting (1981) was from Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria; IJMB ‘A’ Levels (1979) from SBS/ABU Zaria; and WASC ‘O’ Level in 1977 from Queen Amina College, Kaduna.
Zainab Shamsuna was the immediate past executive secretary and national coordinator of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI). She was also a member of the last two NEITI boards, having worked in the NEITI and global EITI.
An accountant by profession with a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from ABU Zaria and a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), Ahmed, in her biography, says she has “extensive knowledge and diverse experience in public sector reform and management.”
Upon graduation, Ahmed was employed in 1982 as an Accountant II in the Main Accounts of Ministry of Finance in Kaduna State and was promoted to Accountant I in March 1984, but resigned in 1985 to join NITEL. Earlier, she had done her National Youth Service in Kaduna State in 1981/1982 where she was posted for primary assignment to Messrs. Egunjobi Suleiman & Co. Chartered Accountants, and served as an Audit Trainee.
She has served the Nigerian public in various high ranking positions, including as managing director of the Kaduna State of Nigeria’s investment company, and also the chief finance officer of the Nigeria mobile telecommunications company.
- "PROFILE: Zainab Ahmed: The official overseeing Nigeria's finance ministry". Premium Times. Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- "The CVs of Buhari's ministers at a glance". PM News. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Buhari accepts Adeosun resignation, names Zainab Ahmed as replacement". Cable. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- Press, Fellow (2018-09-17). "Finance Minister Zainab Ahmed's profile - Fellow Press". Fellow Press. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- "The CVs Of Buhari's Ministers At A Glance". PM News. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- "PROFILE: Zainab Ahmed: The official overseeing Nigeria's finance ministry". Premium Times Nigeria. 2018-09-17. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- Board of Governors Islamic Development Bank.