|Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed|
|Ag. Minister of Finance|
Assumed office |
|Minister of State for Budget and National Planning|
16 June 1960|
|Political party||All Progressive Congress|
Ahmadu Bello University |
Ogun State University
Early life and educationEdit
Ahmed was born in Kaduna State. She had her secondary school education at Queen Amina College, Kaduna, and later proceeded to have her A'Level in Zaria. She got her first degree in Accounting from Ahmadu Bello University in 1981, after-which she proceeded to Ogun State University for her MBA.
Notable Achievements as Minister of State, BudgetEdit
Following the recurrent delay in the passing of national budget, Ahmed reiterated that the 2018 budget will be ready by October 2017. In 2017, she disclosed that government are looking for more investors in the power sector to improve the electricity situation of Nigerians. Along with the minister of budget and national planning, Senator Udoma, Ahmed emphasized the commitment of government to Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP). Speaking at the Nigerian Economic Summit, Ahmed explained that the absence of Petroleum Industry Bill is deterring potential investors from boosting the oil sector of the Nigerian economy.
- "PROFILE: Zainab Ahmed: The official overseeing Nigeria's finance ministry". Premium Times. Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- "The CVs of Buhari's ministers at a glance". PM News. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Buhari accepts Adeosun resignation, names Zainab Ahmed as replacement". Cable. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- Press, Fellow (2018-09-17). "Finance Minister Zainab Ahmed's profile - Fellow Press". Fellow Press. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- "The CVs Of Buhari's Ministers At A Glance". PM News. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- "Anger over 2017 budget delay". The Punch. 2017-05-06. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- "FG on course to present 2018 budget in Oct, says minister". Guardian. 2017-10-12. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- "FG to open privatised power sector to new investment process – Minister". The Nation. 2017-10-13. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- "Economic Summit: Minister Assures On ERGP Implementation". Tide News. 2017-10-13. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- "Absence of PIB has stalled investment in oil sector —FG". Tribune. Retrieved 2017-10-15.