Milton (historically Milton of Colquhoun) is a village in West Dunbartonshire, Scotland. It lies about one mile (two kilometres) east of Dumbarton, on the A82 Glasgow-Loch Lomond road and below the Overtoun Bridge.
Milton from Dumbuck Hill
|Population||550 (mid-2020 est.)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
It previously had a primary school, closed in 2004. The first school was in what is now quite an old building on the road to Overtoun. The second school building was on the main road, it was still open in the early 2000s.
Milton House is an 18th-century mansion located on Milton Brae to the north of the village. It is a Category B listed building.
- "Mid-2020 Population Estimates for Settlements and Localities in Scotland". National Records of Scotland. 31 March 2022. Retrieved 31 March 2022.
- "Milton: Overview". Gazetteer for Scotland. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "Overview of Dumbuck". Gazetteer for Scotland. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "Ian Patrick Robert Napier". www.theaerodrome.com. Retrieved 24 March 2010.
- Historic Environment Scotland. "Milton House (LB14401)". Retrieved 3 August 2020.
Media related to Milton, West Dunbartonshire at Wikimedia Commons