Mike Miller (baseball)
Michael Ryan Miller (born September 27, 1989) is an American professional baseball infielder for the Minnesota Twins organization. He has played in one Major League Baseball (MLB) game, with the Boston Red Sox in 2016. Listed at 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 m) and 170 pounds (77 kg), he bats and throws right-handed.
|Born: September 27, 1989|
|June 27, 2016, for the Boston Red Sox|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2016 season)
|Runs batted in||0|
Miller attended De La Salle High School in Concord, California, Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo, California, and California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly) in San Luis Obispo. He played college baseball for the Cuesta Cougars and Cal Poly Mustangs.
Miller was selected by the Boston Red Sox in the ninth round of the 2012 MLB draft. From 2012 through 2015, Miller played for several Red Sox farm teams: the Class A Short Season Lowell Spinners, the Class A Greenville Drive, the Class A-Advanced Salem Red Sox, the Double-A Portland Sea Dogs, and the Triple-A Pawtucket Red Sox.
Miller began the 2016 season with Double-A Portland, and was subsequently promoted to Triple-A Pawtucket. On June 27, Miller was added to Boston's major league roster. Miller made his MLB debut in that day's game against the Tampa Bay Rays, entering as a defensive replacement at second base in the eighth inning, and grounding out in an at bat in the ninth inning. On July 2, Miller was sent outright back to Pawtucket, removing him from the 40-man roster. Miller finished the season in Triple-A, appearing in 90 games while batting .228.
In 2017, Miller appeared in 85 games for Pawtucket, batting .261. He also made four appearances as a relief pitcher, registering a 12.71 ERA in 5 2⁄3 innings pitched. In 2018, he batted .284 with four home runs and 31 RBIs in 102 games with Pawtucket. He became a free agent after the 2018 season, then re-signed with the Red Sox organization in February 2019.
- "De La Salle High grad Mike Miller is a hit with the Class-A Salem Red Sox". Contra Costa Times. July 29, 2014. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- Sun, Chhun (June 5, 2012). "Three former Cuesta players — Moscot, Miller and Poma — selected in the top 10 rounds of Major League Draft". The Tribune News. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "Miller never out of position for Portland Sea Dogs". Lewiston Sun-Journal. April 14, 2016. Retrieved June 27, 2016. (subscription required)
- "Boston Red Sox select Mike Miller to active roster; option William Cuevas to Triple-A Pawtucket". MassLive.com. June 27, 2016. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "Red Sox Roster & Staff – Transactions". MLB.com. June 2016. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- "Tampa Bay Rays 13, Boston Red Sox 7". Retrosheet. June 27, 2016. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- "Red Sox Roster & Staff – Transactions". MLB.com. July 2016. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- "Mike Miller Stats, Highlights, Bio". MiLB.com. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
- Eddy, Matt (November 6, 2018). "Minor League Free Agents 2018". baseballamerica.com.
- @SoxProspects (August 3, 2019). "Promotion day in the #RedSox minor league system" (Tweet). Retrieved August 3, 2019 – via Twitter.