Michaela Šojdrová (born 28 October 1963) is a Czech politician, currently serving as Member of the European Parliament (MEP) representing Czech Republic since July 2014. She is a member of the Christian and Democratic Union – Czechoslovak People's Party, part of the European People's Party.
|Member of the European Parliament|
|Assumed office |
1 July 2014
|Born||28 October 1963|
(now Zlín, Czech Republic)
|Political party|| Czech Republic|
Christian and Democratic Union – Czechoslovak People's Party
European People's Party
Prior to entering politics Šojdrová worked at the head office of the Czech School Inspection. She was also employed in various other education administrative roles.
Šojdrová has been a Member of the European Parliament since the 2014 elections. She has since been serving on the Committee on Culture and Education, where she is the EPP group’s coordinator. From 2014 until 2019, she was also a member of the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality. Since her election, her work has focused on women's rights and gender equality.
In addition to her committee assignments, Šojdrová is part of the Parliament’s delegations to the EU-Armenia Parliamentary Partnership Committee, the EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee and the EU-Georgia Parliamentary Association Committee as well as to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly.
- Vice-chair, Committee on Culture and Education (2014-2017)
- Member, Committee on Culture and Education (2014-)
- Member, Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality (2014-)
- Member, Delegation to the EU-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee (2014-)
- Maïa de La Baume and Laura Kayali (October 7, 2019), Conservatives keep pressure on French Commission pick Sylvie Goulard Politico Europe.
- Michaela Šojdrová European Parliament.