Meghann Alexandra Fahy (born April 25, 1990) is an American actress and singer, known for starring as Sutton Brady in the Freeform series The Bold Type, as well as her roles as Natalie Goodman in the musical Next to Normal, and as Hannah O'Connor on the ABC daytime soap opera One Life to Live.
Fahy in June 2018
Meghann Alexandra Fahy
April 25, 1990
Fahy had been singing at various events around her hometown of Longmeadow, Massachusetts, from a young age. However, her first stage role was playing Dorothy Gale in her Longmeadow High School senior class performance of The Wizard of Oz.
During the summer of 2008, Fahy attended open calls and was cast as the standby for Jennifer Damiano as Natalie Goodman in Arena Stage's production of Next to Normal in late 2008. She remained with the cast during its transfer to the Booth Theatre on Broadway, which began previews on March 27, 2009. On July 19, 2010, after Damiano departed the cast to prepare for the Broadway musical Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark the day prior, Fahy took over as the principal actor for Natalie along with Marin Mazzie as mother Diana and Jason Danieley as father Dan. MacKenzie Mauzy replaced her as the standby for Natalie. Fahy played the role on Broadway until its closing on January 16, 2011.
In December 2010, it was announced that Fahy had been cast in readings of a stage adaptation based upon the 1992 Disney cult classic Newsies. Paper Mill Playhouse took on the musical for its 2011–12 season, with the production running from September 15 to October 16, 2011, though Fahy did not participate in that production.
She has also recorded demos for composers' works, such as Brian Lowdermilk and Kait Kerrigan's The Unauthorized Autobiography of Samantha Brown in 2009, and continues to perform in concert revues as the title character as recently as March 1, 2011.
In May 2011, Meghann briefly reprised her role as Natalie Goodman in the first national tour of Next to Normal in the first week of the St. Paul, Minnesota stop. Emma Hunton, who had been cast in the tour, took a leave of absence to complete a workshop in New York City. Fahy joined the rest of the principle tour cast for her stint: Alice Ripley as Diana, Asa Somers as Dan, Jeremy Kushnier as Dr. Madden, and Preston Sadleir as Henry.
In July 2011, it was announced that Fahy had been cast in The Unauthorized Autobiography of Samantha Brown at Goodspeed Opera House. She reprised her role as the title character when performances began August 4, 2011 and continued through August 28, 2011.
In January 2012, Fahy appeared in a one-night concert reading of Twilight: The Musical at New World Stages as Bella.
Television and filmEdit
Fahy first appeared on ABC's One Life to Live in February 2010 as college student Hannah O'Connor. She has described her character in these terms: "stalked an ex-boyfriend; overdosed on painkillers; has a fixation on a coed; witnessed a crime." The role ended in November 2010, with Hannah O'Connor appearing in a total of 81 episodes.
Other television credits include Gossip Girl as Devyn and the 2011 Hallmark Hall of Fame film The Lost Valentine as a young 1940s-era mother, Caroline Thomas, with Betty White as Caroline in present-day and Jennifer Love Hewitt as a reporter learning of Caroline's story. In 2012, Fahy appeared in the miniseries Political Animals as ambitious blogger Georgia as well as in Necessary Roughness as Olivia DiFlorio, tutor-turned-girlfriend of the main character's son.
|2012||Fifty Grades of Shay||Lila Morgan||(Short)|
|2016||Miss Sloane||Clara Thomson|
|2017||The Bracket Theory||Lucy||(Short)|
|2017||Lily + Mara||Mara||(Short)|
|2009||Gossip Girl||Devyn||Episode: "The Lost Boy"|
|2010–2012||One Life to Live||Hannah O'Connor||Recurring role|
|2011||The Lost Valentine||Young Caroline Robinson Thomas||Television film|
|2011||The Good Wife||Shelby Hale||Episode: "Affairs of State"|
|2012||Necessary Roughness||Olivia DiFlorio||4 episodes|
|2012||Political Animals||Georgia Gibbons||Miniseries; 4 episodes|
|2012||Chicago Fire||Nicki Rutkowski||3 episodes|
|2013||It Could Be Worse||Joy||Episode: "What's Your Secret?"|
|2014||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Jenny Aschler||Episode: "Downloaded Child"|
|2015||The Jim Gaffigan Show||Maria||Episode: "Maria"|
|2015||Blue Bloods||Lacey Chambers||Episode: "Worst Case Scenario"|
|2017–present||The Bold Type||Sutton Brady||Main role|
|2018||Deception||Alicia Davis||Episode: "The Unseen Hand"|
|2019||Just Add Romance||Carly||Television film|
- Next to Normal (2010): Natalie (replacement)
- "Meghann Fahy Savors Stepping Up from Understudy to Star in Next to Normal". Broadway.com.
- League, The Broadway. "Next To Normal – Broadway Musical – Original - IBDB". Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- League, The Broadway. "Meghann Fahy – Broadway Cast & Staff - IBDB". Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- "Broadway's Next to Normal to Close January 16". Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- Newsies Reading Cast Archived 2010-12-12 at the Wayback Machine
- Itzkoff, Dave. "Extra, Extra! 'Newsies' Musical to Open Paper Mill Playhouse Season". Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- Kerrigan-Lowdermilk (1 March 2011). "Meghann Fahy - "Say the Word" (Kerrigan-Lowdermilk)". Retrieved 22 November 2016 – via YouTube.
- Everett, Matthew A. "THEATER | At the Ordway, "Next to Normal" is a musical full of unusual surprises". TCDaileyPlanet.com, May 12, 2011
- BWW News Desk "Fahy, Durand Join Cast of UNAUTHORIZED AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF SAMANTHA BROWN at Goodspeed". BroadwayWorld.com, July 18, 2011
- "'Twilight' Musical Going Off-Broadway". Huffington Post. 5 Jan 2012. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (2017-01-10). "Freeform Greenlights Cosmopolitan Magazine-Inspired Series 'The Bold Type'". Variety. Retrieved 2017-08-06.
- Petski, Denise (2016-08-22). "Katie Stevens, Aisha Dee & Meghann Fahy Cast As Leads In Freeform Pilot 'Issues'". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-08-06.