Megan Bozek (born March 27, 1991) is an American ice hockey player currently playing for the Markham Thunder. She was named to the United States women's national ice hockey team which represented the United States at the 2012 IIHF Women's World Championship. In addition, she competed for the Minnesota Golden Gophers women's ice hockey program in the NCAA. She was selected second overall by the Toronto Furies in the 2014 CWHL Draft.
Megan Bozek playing for Team USA in 2017
March 27, 1991|
Arlington Heights, Illinois, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 8 in (173 cm)|
|Weight||176 lb (80 kg; 12 st 8 lb)|
|National team||United States|
Bozek joined the Minnesota Golden Gophers in autumn 2009. By season's end, she tied for fifth on the team in scoring and second among defenders.
During the 2007–08 season, Bozek was a member of the U.S. Under-22 Team. In the gold medal game of the 2009 IIHF World Women's U18 Championship, she logged two assists.
Canadian Women's Hockey League (CWHL)Edit
National Women's Hockey League (NWHL)Edit
On September 25, 2015, Bozek signed with the Buffalo Beauts of the National Women's Hockey League. Selected to participate in the inaugural NWHL All-Star Game, Bozek won the hardest shot competition. Bozek and the Beauts finished their inaugural season by playing for the inaugural Isobel Cup finals.
On July 31, 2016, Bozek re-signed with Buffalo, on a one-year contract for $22,500, making her the highest-paid player in the history of the Beauts. Playing for Team Kessel, Bozek scored a goal at the 2nd NWHL All-Star Game. Bozek scored a goal in the Isobel Cup Final against the Boston Pride, which the Beauts won by a final score of 3–2, making the Beauts the 2017 Isobel Cup Champions.
Awards and honorsEdit
- 2010 Second Team All-WCHA
- 2010 WCHA All-Rookie Team
- WCHA Defensive Player of the Week (Week of December 7, 2011)
- 2011 WCHA Tournament team
- 2011–12 CCM Hockey Women’s Division I All-Americans, First Team
- 2011–12 Minnesota Golden Gophers Female Athlete of the Year
- 2012 NCAA Frozen Four tournament team
- NWHL Player of the Week, January 5, 2016 
- NWHL Best Defender award for 2017
- Bozek left off Women's Team Chicago Daily Herald, Susnjara, B, 04/01/18. Retrieved 30/04/18
- "Beauts complete roster with four players". NWHL.zone. July 31, 2016. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- "NWHL Stars Shine Bright in Pittsburgh". NWHL. February 13, 2017. Retrieved February 16, 2017.
- "Buffalo Beauts upset Boston Pride for Isobel Cup". ESPN. March 20, 2017. Retrieved March 31, 2017.
- "Bozek Named Player of the Week". The Hockey Writers. January 5, 2016. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
- Megan Bozek at CWHL
- Megan Bozek (Buffalo Beauts 2016–2017) at NWHL
- Megan Bozek at Minnesota Gophers
- Megan Bozek at the International Olympic Committee
- Megan Bozek at the United States Olympic Committee
- Megan Bozek at USA Hockey
- Megan Bozek at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
- Megan Bozek on Twitter
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey defenseman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|