Matt Zoller Seitz
|Matt Zoller Seitz|
December 26, 1968 |
|Residence||Bay Ridge, New York, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Southern Methodist University|
|Occupation||Critic, author, filmmaker|
|Spouse(s)||Jennifer Dawson (m. 1994; d. 2006)
Nancy Dawson (m. 2017)
Matt Zoller Seitz (born December 26, 1968) is an American film ànd television critic, author, and filmmaker.
Matt Zoller Seitz is the editor-in-chief at RogerEbert.com, and the television critic for New York magazine and Vulture.com. He was previously a television critic at Salon.com and The Newark Star Ledger, and a film critic for The New York Times. He founded the film & media criticism blog The House Next Door. Seitz is known as a leader in the creation of video essays, frequently featured on Moving Image Source and The L Magazine, and served as the publisher of PressPlay, a site for video-based film and television criticism. He was a finalist for the 1994 Pulitzer Prize for Criticism.
Seitz's second book, The Wes Anderson Collection, was published by Abrams Books in 2013. In February 2015, The Wes Anderson Collection: The Grand Budapest Hotel was published by Abrams Books. The Wes Anderson Collection was praised for its design and layout, which was intended to suggest the look and feel of an Anderson film and suggest that the reader was being taken on a tour of the filmmaker's imagination. "This book is the future," wrote Michael Sicinski in Cineaste. Mad Men Carousel: The Complete Critical Companion written by Seitz and with illustrations by Max Dalton was published by Abrams Books in November 2015.
He wrote, directed and edited the feature film, Home, in 2005.
Seitz resides in the Bay Ridge neighborhood of Brooklyn. He was married to Jennifer Dawson from 1994 until her death on April 27, 2006. They had two children. Seitz married his second wife, Nancy Dawson, in February 2017.
- Brad Pitt (1996) (ISBN 978-0-6766-0074-2)
- The Wes Anderson Collection (2013) (ISBN 978-0-8109-9741-7)
- The Wes Anderson Collection: The Grand Budapest Hotel (2015) (ISBN 978-1-6131-2877-0)
- Mad Men Carousel: The Complete Critical Companion (2015) (ISBN 978-1-6131-2936-4)
- TV (The Book): Two Experts Pick the Greatest American Shows of All Time (2016), Matt Zoller Seitz and Alan Sepinwall (ISBN 978-1-4555-8820-6)
- The Oliver Stone Experience (2016) (ISBN 978-1-4555-8819-0)
- Seitz, Matt Zoller (November 25, 2010). "All the things that remind me of her". Salon. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Movies on my Birthday: A Partial List". RogerEbert.com. December 26, 2016. Retrieved December 30, 2016.
- Matt Zoller Seitz Biography & Movie Reviews | Roger Ebert
- Moving Image Source
- The L Magazine - New York City's Local Event and Arts & Culture Guide | Articles & Archives | Matt Zoller Seitz
- The Pulitzer Prizes | Finalists
- The Wes Anderson Collection
- "The Wes Anderson Collection: The Grand Budapest Hotel - Pop Culture - Abrams & Chronicle". Abrams & Chronicle. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- "Matt Zoller Seitz on Twitter". Twitter. August 20, 2016.
- Sepinwall, Alan (April 28, 2006). "Sad, Sad News". The House Next Door. Slant Magazine. Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Matt Zoller Seitz on Twitter". Twitter. February 15, 2017. Retrieved February 15, 2017.
- Douglas, James Robert (27 June 2014). "An Interview with Matt Zoller Seitz". The Lifted Brow. The Lifted Brow. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "The Wes Anderson Collection: The Grand Budapest Hotel". ABRAMS. ABRAMS. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Mad Men Carousel: The Complete Critical Companion". ABRAMS. ABRAMS. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- sepinwall (27 January 2016). "TV (The Book), which I wrote with @mattzollerseitz, is now available for pre-order" (Tweet). Retrieved 28 January 2016 – via Twitter.
- O'Connell, Max (25 April 2014). "Oliver Stone to Get the Matt Zoller Seitz Treatment in New Book, 'The Oliver Stone Experience'". Indiewire. Indiewire.com. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- mattzollerseitz (26 January 2016). "A spread from the ALEXANDER section of THE OLIVER STONE EXPERIENCE, now in the final editing stage." (Tweet). Retrieved 28 January 2016 – via Twitter.