Matt Aitken (special effects artist)
Matt Aitken is a special effects artist.
|Occupation||Visual effects artist|
He was nominated at the 82nd Academy Awards for his work on the film District 9. His nomination was shared with Robert Habros, Dan Kaufman and Peter Muyzers. In 2020, he received his second Academy Award nomination for Best Visual Effects on 2019 film, Avengers: Endgame, at the 92nd Academy Awards. His nomination was shared with Dan DeLeeuw, Russell Earl, and Dan Sudick.
- The Frighteners (1996)
- Contact (1997)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
- I, Robot (2004)
- King Kong (2005)
- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
- Bridge to Terabithia (2007)
- Avatar (2009)
- District 9 (2009)
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (2011)
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014)
- Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)
- Avengers: Endgame (2019)
- "The 82nd Academy Awards (2010) Nominees and Winners". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. AMPAS. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
|This biographical article related to film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|