|Matilda of Saxony|
|Countess consort of Flanders|
|Died||25 May 1008|
|Spouse||Baldwin III, Count of Flanders|
Godfrey I, Count of Verdun
Matilda was the daughter of Hermann Billung. She first married Baldwin III, count of Flanders, with whom she had one son:
After Baldwin's death, Matilda married Godfrey I, Count of Verdun, with whom she had several children:
- Frederick (d. 1022), count of Verdun
- Godfrey (d. 1023), duke of Lower Lorraine (1012–1023)
- Adalberon (d. 988), bishop of Verdun (984–988)
- Herman of Ename (d. 1024), count of Brabant (retired as a monk in the abbey of Verdun abt. 1022)
- Gothelo (d. 1044), margrave of Antwerp, duke of Lower (1023–1044) and later also Upper (1033–1044) Lorraine
- Ermengarde (d. 1042), married Otto of Hammerstein, count in the Wettergau
- Ermentrude, married Arnold de Rumigny (d. 1010), lord of Florennes
- Adela, married Count Godizo of Aspelt. Their daughter Irmgard married Berthold von Walbeck, son of Lothair I, Margrave of the Nordmark.
Matilda died on 25 May 1008 and was buried in Ghent.